Friday, January 20, 2012

Driving

I’m a very conscientious driver. I always thank people who let me in and I stay very aware of my surroundings.


Now don’t confuse that with GOOD driver…I am not a good driver. And although I’ve never been in an accident, I’ve caused a few.

One of my pet peeves is people who are oblivious to their surroundings and assume everyone around them is a mind reader. Blinkers. They are in your car for a reason and that reason is to let those behind you know what you are doing. I am SHOCKED at how many people do not use them. I use my blinkers damn near 94.99% of the time. Now my ex will disagree with me but he picked on me a lot near the end. In hindsight, and unbeknownst to me, he was dating an athletic 30 year old and I, a 45 year old unathletic woman, must have repulsed him. I can see that.

The other 5.01 percent I don’t use my blinkers is as follows: 5% of the time and being aware of my surroundings, no one is behind me. The last .01% I am human and fuck up. I’m either texting, playing bejeweled or drunk. And when I don’t use them and get honked at, I hate myself for a second and slinkily wave my hand in shame.

My other pet peeve is people who use an exit lane to pass up slow traffic and at the very last minute squeeze in to the left lane. That is MY lane that I need to use to actually get off and now I have to drive slow because you’re waiting for an opportunity to merge. GOD! No one likes to wait but must you be so inconsiderate and ruin my day? Another good thing in a car is the horn…and believe me; those that do that will get the full brunt of that feature.


I’m a tough one, I am.