Saturday, May 28, 2005

Poobuttanus

Days left to be bad: 9

I cut out of work 10 minutes early yesterday becuase i was so in the mood for a beer. My girlfriend, Bridgett*, wanted to meet me at a sushi bar and i was game for that! So what if i had my grubby grubs on? After a couple o'beers one feels quite beautiful anyway. I get there around 4:30 and find out the restaurant doesn't open til 5...total drag. I mill about in Starbucks wishing that on the weekends they could at least sell beer.

"You guys should sell beer on the weekends..."

Ha haa...not funny to anyone else, i guess, since no one acknowledged my witty comment. I decide to go stand outside the sushi bar and see if maybe they'll just let me in for a beer. no dice. they're very strict. Bridge arrives and we chat for a bit, biding our time until we hear the relieving click of the door lock. In we go, booth be found, beer be ordered. Now Bridge is very popular here; she's fun, funny and a damn good tipper. So one of the waiters who has partied with Bridgett before brings us each a saki bomb. Honestly, i was a bit scared to try this...a shot of saki dropped in to about 10 ounces of beer. i'm not a chugger; but, i'm a good sport so i downed as much as i could. Mmm...not bad. Chinese champagne, James called it. it did taste like that.

I have to go home now. my boyfriend is waiting for me there...with a karaoke machine. Yup. We sang for two hours and i remember thinking "my God this is so lame" but so fun in a lame kinda way. But even lamer when you're singin like this:


for lack of a segue...

One time I went to Long’s Drugs to pick up some cough syrup. I was 3rd in line behind a really young cute surf boardy kinda guy who was behind a very pretty 30 something blonde girl. I’m swinging around waiting for my turn when I notice whatever the checker lady is scanning isn’t registering so she has to call for a price check. I’m still half paying attention when I hear her say “yes….uuuuuh…I need a price check on this..uuuh, red box thing called “aaaannuussss..uh…something” My head whips around to now check out this unbelievably fortunate scene I’m about to witness. Seems that the lady does not realize what she is price checking but I’m pretty sure I know what aaaannuusss means. I look at the girl who’s buying this aaaannuuuuss cream and she now has her head in her hand and she’s mouthing the words “oh my god…” I start cracking up and I cannot contain myself… “This is what comedians write about!” I say excitingly! I’m laughing now and so is she… “too bad you just didn’t have a sore throat like me, eh?” She mumbles that she cannot wait to tell her husband and I blurt out how I cannot wait to tell my friends…

I'm not funny today..think i'll go take a nap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was Kevin really laying down to sing? Now THAT'S funny...

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home