Friday, August 05, 2005

P.A.C.P.

I'm certain everyone has encountered a moronic driver with a cell phone attached to their ear. Am I the only one who makes a concerted effort to ensure i'm driving super good when i'm on my cell phone? such as paying special attention that I dont' think i'm the only person in the world on the road and don't display behaviors such as, driving 20 mph under the speed limit, or turning without realizing there are 15 cars behind you who have no idea what you're doing. Last night I was trying to 'zipper' in to the merging line and this woman behind me was speeding up to cut me off while attempting to make a call! I'm like "fuck you ass wipe" and i punch it (i know - i have road rage...what am i gonna do?). Turns out she didn't even need to be in that lane because she moved over to the far left to make a left! All becuase she was too busy trying to make a call....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!

i completely understand the 'shove your cell phone up your ass' bumper stickers.

Anyway, they say driving while messin' around with your cell phone is equal to driving drunk. so, since driving with your cell phone is not illegal, they should re-think those drunk driving laws...course DUI and talking on the phone might equate to being asleep at the wheel. that would not be good.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

well i do it too...guilty as charged.

i just try really hard to do both very well...

nice hair color! i want that...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

I always use a head set.
I don't care what anyone says....most people drive like dumb f*cks when they are holding that phone to their ears.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

you know i love the headset and my brand new phone dosen't work wiht one.

however i use it when i feel like talking to myself so it doesn't LOOK like i'm talking to myself...

Hmm...i think i need to visit a psychiatrist...

9:37 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

*LOL*I remember when those headsets first came out and I thought people were just nuts, walking down the street talking to themselves! I think most of us need psychiatric help, weather we know it or not…or maybe just the people who visit your site Tanya ;)


Yea, I hate commuting in my car. It’s still sort of new to me so I’m learning all the joys and unwritten rules of driving rush hour traffic in LA. People are asses, and I don’t think the cell phones help, but I’m a total hypocrite there ‘cause I talk on the phone too. But only if someone calls me or I have a very important piece of information to tell someone and it will be a short conversation. And I certainly don’t try any tricky driving maneuvers while on the phone. I’ve been know to tell people to hold while I set my phone down to turn left through six lanes of traffic, pull a U-turn, etc. Works for me. I’ve never been in an accident in my life (knock on wood).

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's just a coincidence. Bad drivers have been around since Ford produced the Model T.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

oops, sorry Tanya, that was me who cut you off. =D j/k I would NEVER do that...to you. =)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Darn it - the car is the best place to talk about people no one can hear you....

I always end up using speaker phone

12:47 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

now now...don't get me wrong. i LOVE talking on the phone when i'm in the car. love it! it passes away a long trip like the blink of an eye. it's just maddening when pepoel can't seem to drive AND talk at the same time.

Valerie, you would never hurt me...you just wouldn't. and that is true; horrible drivers have been around for like EVER!

one time this guy totally cut me off while we were turning left, i mean he literally came in to my lane, so i honked to let him know he was being an idiot. well, he saw that i was on my cell phone and told me to "hang up you stupid bitch!" and other horrid explicatives i can't even hurt you with...i was shocked! how's THAT for irony. i guess my point is i'm simply teh best driver in the world, no matter how you slice it.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

LOL! In Malaysia, its illegal to use cellphones while driving...and it still doesnt solve anything. Idiots will be idiots with or without cellphones.

12:59 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

in the car is the only time i have for talking on the phone. plus i don't get reception in my apt (or my neighborhood) i HATE verizon.

4:11 PM  
Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Guilty. I don't think talking on the phone makes me a worse driver though except in a lot of traffic, then it does.

My biggest problem comes when I try to text message while driving. I do it quite a bit and really need to cut that out.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i text too while driving. so bad. one of these days i'm going to look up to see where i'm going and all i'll see is red brake lights....

i shudder...

i had at&t and now it's cingular and i love it. zero problems. cingular i heard does suck...bummer.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home