Friday, October 07, 2005

Oktoberfest

So tonight is the Oktoberfest and I really don't want to get drunk; but, i have this gene that says otherwise. So to prepare my liver for this evening, I am drinking half my weight in water (50 ounces...ahem), taking my liver vitamins (milk thistle, dandelian root and artichoke) and before i go out i will arm my body with Bcomplex.

Unfortunately, my brain will have to suffer. there just are no vitamins for that only crossword puzzles to help rebuild new cells. And worse? My chinese horoscope says "do not over-indulge in sex or alcohol". Hmm...so many things to be said here.

but it also said my boss will recognize my talents and promote me. Looks like they're off this year.

Tomorrow or Sunday, Peng and I are takgin the ferry to angel island in San Fran to watch the Blue Angels perform. Yesterday i saw them practice and i almost crashed 42 times trying to watch them and the road. but so was everyone else...

sunday or monday, we're going to tahoe to leaf peep. Mt. Tallac is full of birch trees and those are the only trees, practically on the west coast that change colors; but they are spectacular when they do.

Oooor, i'll be on my couch all weekend, hungover.

Someday i'll write a book and call it "my un-spectacular life".

3 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

tahoe . . . i heart tahoe. so jealous.

i heard about this stuff that stops you from getting hungover totally. it's an allnatural remedy thing that my friend uses--and girl can she drink!--and doens't have a hang over . . . i'll have to ask her what it is. unfortuneately, i wont see her until next week . . .
i'll report back then.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Hey, a beer drinking festival (you don’t want to get drunk? why?), a ferry ride to see a show, and a day out looking at the fall foliage is more than I got going for my weekend. I’m lucky that I have one social gathering lined up. I need sleep pretty bad, so maybe this is a good thing. Have a fun time! And let me know if any of that hangover remedy stuff really works.

4:37 PM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

The Offical Ghost Dog-Approved Hangover Prevention Method:

Before going to bed after all the drinking, take 2 Excedrin and drink as much Gatorade as you can put down.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home