Friday, May 12, 2006

FRIDAY!

my second favorite day of the week.

i just finished the movie Shop Girl. has anyone seen that movie? I, personally, loved it. i normally am not thrilled with the old guy getting a young girl, a TINY young girl; but, no less...it moved me. i even almost cried in two spots. i though Claire was phenomenal.

Kody is becoming unruly. It's time for some disciplinatic training. i HATE squashing his personality but he's highly annoying and irritating. i'm already borderline annoyed and irritated; i don't need a shove.

Betsy is doing WELL!

i have zero plans this weekend which makes me feel like a loser. oh yes, i'll clean...for some reason my house always manages to need my attention. but, yay? My house needs me?

no wonder i drink.

my greenhouse overfloweth with the blessings of soon-to-be yummy-ass veggies...and not a moment too soon as i had to choke down a store bought tomato today. ew. soon i'll have scallions, artichokes, lettuce (well..that comes ready), strawberries, cilantro, basil, tomatoes, lemons & lots o'squash. the squash is the EASIEST to grow. infact, it's taking over my greenhouse. i'll have to figure out something eles...it's my least favorite veggie too...another joke God likes to play on me.

i hope i have a better weekend than i'm thinking...and you too.

toodles.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

Sorry to hear Kody is being a pain in the butt. Don’ feel too bad about giving him some rules, boundaries and limitations. Dogs need them, just like children! I always recommend reading some Patricia McConnell, if you just want the basics to start training successfully read How to be the Leader of the Pack, it’s a concise 12 page pamphlet brimming with little jewels of information. If you want to read one of the most beautifully written books about dogs ever read The Other End of the Leash. ::Warning:: some parts will make you cry.

I’m so jealous of your green house and vegetables. You can send some squash my way, I have about a zillion ways to cook zucchini and yellow squash, I love it.

Hope you have a good weekend!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

thanks for the rec's! i hate dog books that make me cry. most do. like Marley & me. i cried so hard peng asked me if maybe i should put it down for a little while.

but i like the pamphlet idea...i'm gonn check it out.

12:51 PM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

have a great weekend!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i just ordered that book How to be the Leader of the Pack. i need that BADLY!

thanks shanani...

HEY RAMBLIN' GIRL!! i haven't seen you in a while. im gonna go catch up on your blog...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Yay, I’m glad you ordered it! I think you will enjoy her writing.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

heyyyyyy, sometimes I'm unruly too. But no body get's annoyed by MEEEEEE. ;) bwwwhehehahahahhahaha

We're gonna hang out of these ol days when I have a fucking day off on the weeeknd, and I go see my parents, then I will call you and we will hang out wether we like each other or not!!! GOT IT!

oh yeah, and have a basket of fresh veggies for me too, othewise, I will have to eat more meat, an dyou don't want me to do that.

2:03 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

What Shan said! (About boundaries.) Absolutely.

So glad Betsy's feelin' good these days! I am thinkin' about her and send good vibes...

I'm working all weekend long... and if I wasn't working, I'd probably be hangin' with Mattie. AND I DON'T DRINK! I love my dog :o)

How fab you have a garden from which to eat... I wish I could have one... no room in my tiny condo...

Enjoy your weekend, TK!

7:10 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

hope your weekend was good . . . i LOVE squash! it does grow like crazy though . . . i still remember the summer we planted too much zucchini . . . blech!

2:20 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

p.s. i LOVED jason schwartzman's character in "shop girl," he was so ridiculous in the beginning . . . but i loved it when she walked toward him at her show that night and he held his arms so high and hugged her . . . sigh.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home