Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Poor Red's

Saturday sucked. i was super depressed and unmotivated so Sunday i decided to let it all out and party my ass off. (cuz alcohol is really good for depression)

Welly* and I decided to go to Poor Red's in El Dorado. She made some lame comment that it was only 10:30 in the morning. the nerve.

we stopped at B.J.'s (you heard me) for a cocktail and some apps. It's dead..well...becuase it's 10:30. but we had a delish artichoke & spinach dip with a side of brushcetta...damn that was good.

poor reds is about an hour drive from sacto but it's a BEAUTIFUL ride and that's what makes it such a popular biker bar. which makes it okay to party at noon becuase that's when all the bikes are out and THEY party at noon!

The famous drinks there are the Gold Cadillacs. Apparently, they sell the most Galliano in the world. But on this day, we had the WORST bartender. the drinks were sickingly sweet and he wore his suspenders UNDER his shirt...helloooo?
Course he was like 102. I asked him for a shot of vodka to cut the sweetness and he told me "No"!!! can you believe that? I'm like.."we are in a bar, right"

"Too much alcohol in them drinks already. You can't put more in..." grumble, grumble...

i just asked for salt instead. meanie.

I went outside for a smoke when a pretty good size group came up on their bikes and one corvette. that corvette contained one woman: Barbara. Barbara was not afraid to show her breasts and show her breasts she did. many times. as did her friend... and according to them, the night before was only different in that the men were flashing their boobies too.

They were "gently" prodding Welly and I to show our breasts too but i'm not a flasher. any my bra is padded and tha'ts not really pretty to show that...i did, however, flash my belly button ring. i thought that was pretty riske...

so, it was a successful day. one of not very many in my life but i set out to get hammered, and by God, that's what i did. That explains why we went from this:
to this:


peace out...

*changed Kelly's name to protect her identity

9 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

how good of you to protect your friend's identity.

we have B.J.'s here too . . . it makes me giggle every time.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I am sure we have plenty of things in common :). Hey! We are both vegans at home...I have a hard time with the challenge while I'm out but try.

Have a great evening!

1:34 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

OMG, this is your best post yet, TK. You got me rolling. And girl, did I need that.

And again i agree with tabitha jane... so very nice of you to protect Welly/Kelly/Nelly/you're not ready for this Jelly/Michelly/button Belly/Prelly (gross green shampoo, remember it?!).

Wish I had been with you two trippin' the late-night lights fantastique!!!

Thanks for the smiles today, and your nice note(s) on my bloggerooni. You absolutely rock, roll n' rule, TK!!!

*HUGS*

1:38 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

BTW, no mo'depression, okee dokee?

:o)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

thanks for taking me along! & in real life, i would have done some day drinking to help cheer ya. so once again your blog has me splitting a side, "he wore his suspenders UNDER his shirt...helloooo?" ok, like it's ever hip to wear suspenders? he takes the uncoolness to a new level...& he calls himself a bartender?! more like the drink nazi.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Dreamlover said...

haha, it's so funny to see people flashing!!!

Bike Girls gone wild!! ;0)

5:08 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

lol!! sounds fun. i cannot believe suspenders under tshirt. i'll have to try that sometime.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Hey. I hear you're on a juice fast. Gin is made from juniper berries. Peach Schnaaps probably qualifies as juice somewhere to someone. Just thought I'd help you out in case you get bored with the juices you're having.
The Welly comment made me laugh. A couple of years ago, one of my employees was complaining about another employee and said "I don't want to tattle, so we'll just call her "Feather". The girl she was complaining about was Heather.
I'm not a flasher and have never understood the appeal. But drinking in the morning has had it's advantages once or twice over the course of my life. Glad you're in better spirits! (pun intended)

5:53 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oh Carrie...how could you! how could you tease me like that!

actually, i'd be more influenced by the BBQ my neighbors had next door...DOH!

but don't think i haven't thought about that...i ain't no dodo.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home