Friday, September 08, 2006

The Fair

First off...it costed me too much money. And this, of course, is after i drank too much too fast and after i had been led by my arm to a water fountain to rehydrate what the Budweiser had taken away.

the following are the items i purchased, in order.

If you've seen the commercial of the onion chopper , that really was my original goal. i HATE chopping onions but i love onions....in my desperate search and while Jeannie tested out Nasa-type beds, i turned around to hear angel harps...

i bought one. i've used it about 5 times so well worth it.

Next item up for bid? now i have been wanting one of these for quite some time now. But i felt stupid for buying this at a "fair special" price when you can get one at Target for about $40 cheaper. But i can't cry over little details like that...nothing i can do now and it sure will be nice to stop seeing unidentifiable bags loaded with ice crystals and something that used to be edible in my freezer.

last and most embarrassing item that i've received hella flack for is:

$65

tha'ts right. $65 for a bronzer, a concealer and a brush that leaves little brush tendrils on my face when i use it. Every day, one of my "mean" co-workers has to say "oh my! you look really bronzey today! that stuff sure is workin' good!"

All in all...i love the fair. i might bitch; but, it's worth every foolish penny i spend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

you got the food saver! congrats - i know it was on your wish list. :o)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Haha, I have that miracle chopper! Only we call it the “salsa maker” because that’s what it gets used for mostly. My old roommate in college bought it at some sort of “expo” for $20 and gifted it when she moved. It came with us to MD and traveled with us on our move to CA. It’s good for some stuff, but I got sick of trying to make thick things like hummus in it, so now we have a real food processor that plugs in. But I do appreciate and use many of the little attachments like the juicer and julienner (is that a word?), I used to use the egg separator and whisker but not so much anymore. Anywho, you really did buy too much stuff, you’re worse than me! LOL. Bronzer? Seriously?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

PS: Friends don't let friends drink Bud, gross! I mean unless the alternative is Coors, because anything is better than that.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

no nono...never worry about my love affair with alcohol. it brings me much joy and a little pain. but doesn't everything.

i choose.

now now now shanani. i'm from Maine. Bud is an improvement!

yeah...it's really just an excellent salsa maker and i like it better than my food processor becuase THAT is large, bulky and not as easy to clean. at the fair the guy would say "see? and how easy is THAT to clean?"

i'm like "dude. you gotta bucket right there. who has a bucket full of water in their kitchen? of COURSE that's easy!"

3:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Don't beat yourself up about the make-up TK. I've spent that much before on face creams and such. And hey, have you checked out prices of vegan make-up? 14 bucks for an ecco-bella mascara? I hate paying half that. ZuZu Luxe eyeshadow is around 10 or 11. If you like the bronzer, enjoy it. You have to treat yourself once and a while.

8:04 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

hahahhaha
SLOW down on the drinking next time ;)

Teddy

10:03 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

We didn't go to the fair this year...figured we shouldn't go every year. Plus, how many cheese curds can one eat before just getting fat?

Looks like you got some good items. I like the food saver..I'd also like to not have unidentifiable ice crystal bags in my freezer. How is it working out so far?

-Crystal

10:15 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

I want a chopper!

1:37 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

wait, what happened to that really expensive nice knife you were going to buy once? i turn around and you've bought something that'll do the chopping for you?!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home