Friday, December 29, 2006

Can I see your ID?

My friend and i went to a 21 & over bar/restaurant the other night. When our waitress came over to welcome us, she asked to see my i.d. (i always hate when i'm with someone and they only ask me...out of courtesy, could you please ask the other person even if they're 90?)

So, of course, my friend is offended and i say "Well, it's totally dark in here, i'm wearing my thug cap that hides my forehead wrinkles AND i'm looking down at the menu...awfully suspicious..."

What do you think?

Wouldn't you card me?

Along a similar line, one time I went to the grocery store down the street and, of course, there was some type of alcohol in my basket. As i was rummaging through my purse to find my Albertsons Savings card, money & keys he mumbles something about asking to see my i.d., or seomthing like that. so i look up at him and say "what?" and he said...

fucking get this...

"Nevermind."

NEVERMIND! I'm like "Jesus...you could have at least followed through on that prick cashier man...."

i had to drink my alcohol as soon as i got home, i was so offended.

Speaking of alcohol, I hope everyone has a lovely, safe, memorable & happy new year!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Of course I would card you -- but only because it gave me an opportunity to interact with you! :)

Happy New Year to you as well! See you in 2007!

1:50 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Toooo funny! As I prefer older women (the range where we might discuss music groups I've heard of), have a concept of gravity and how it affects body parts after x-years on planet Earth... Well, at least when I get accosted by clerks it's not because they doubt my age, it's usually more like "Don't you think you've had enough?"

2:41 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

nevermind? ha ha, that's awful. it's almost as bad as someone at work today asking me if i was expecting again? i'm not! hello, rude.

9:13 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

it's the thug cap.

3:15 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

jon and i were just mentioning how it's going to be hard to go back to the states because NO ONE CARDS YOU HERE IN EUROPE. it's been awesome. i haven't taken my id with me anywhere (ok, probably a bad idea) and it's been awesome. but i am going to have to get back in the habit once we are home. . .

11:14 AM  
Blogger Dejenerate said...

That is so true. I was at a club one night and they carded everyone of my friends and then told me, to "go ahead". Being in the business myself, I told him even if I am pushing a walker, card me, or the money seems to stay in my purse for some odd reason.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home