Friday, December 01, 2006

Chocolate Explosion Cookies

People are always giving me shit at work for my tender, kind, loving, intuitive, and caring ways, in the fact that I choose not to eat animals or animal products. (well, sometimes i have dairy but they'll never know - exceptthoseatworkthatreadmyblog...shhhhh)

So last night i decided to make Dreena's Chocolate Explosion Almond cookies for some of my more favorite co-workers. Except i used peanuts instead becuase it was too daunting to 'sliver' frozen almonds. and the peanuts were reeeeally good. Of course, Dreena warns you to keep an eye on the nuts when you're toasting them becuase they can quickly go from yummy toasty to icky burnty.

i got somewhere in between. Roxanne stated the nuts were "kinda bar peanutty tasting".

As i was making the cookies, i discovered I didn't have enough maple syrup for the "generous" amount i needed. crap. But i must carry on...for the animals.

Even though they had slightly burnt peanuts with not enough maple syrup in them, they were delicious! And as Dreena promised, I had my co-workers eating all their mean words about vegan food not being delectable.

here is the finished product: (notice the wok rack holder? i have minimal baking tools so i make do)


Here's another resourceful tool i found: a broiler pan on top of ramikin cups:


AND of course i had my ever-present helper while I baked my cookies:



AND of course here he is in the morning, GUARDING said cookies:

8 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

oooh those look so yummy!! mmm, maybe i'll make some chocolate chip cookies tonight. and i love the guard dog. i wish i had one of my own.

11:54 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

The cookies look amazing--they will carm even the surliest coworkers. Your doggie is such a sweet cookie guard. And I love your kitchen--it's so adorable.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Tanya-

I really like your little kitchen and have saved these photos for some ideas to use when I remodel ours.

We live in a very small mountain cabin with lots of knotty pine and I need some old-school ideas for the cabinetry and tile. The antique glass in the cupboard doors is neat and the curved shelf at the end of the little counter.

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is so fun and cute! The glass in the cabinetry is really cool and I love how colorful it is. I'm also totally envious of your great storage rack/glass jar containers. I wish I had a wall in my kitchen that wasn't filled with cabinets.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and the cookies look delicious too!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

well now...it was supposed to be about my cookies and yet i got great compliments on my kitchen! thank you! that was a BITCH to do let me tell you...i spilled many a tear painting those cabinet doors. but i love glass cabinets too. and i LOVE my glass storage containers too. that whole ensemble cost about $40. not bad for 15 jars, 3 glass shelves and the brackets to hold them.

Hi Jim! tell you what...i'll take your sweet little cabin and you can have my kitchen!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

hey tk - these are my favorite cookies and you can bet that we need a cookie guard here (jolie doesn't take the job seriously!) and i adore your retro-green kitchen & crafty ways.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

is that an empty bottle of Jack on the counter?

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home