Friday, April 04, 2008

Is working out reeeally worth it?

Today, amidst my still-so-sore-neck, I decided to rollerblade home with "Devin". I haven't bladed in a while and I was wobbly, scared and soon to give up. But Devin insisted we take the bike trail.

I agreed only becuase the bike trail is smooth, there's no cars and no sidewalk unevenness that I was experiencing earlier.

But I didn't want to go. Becuase it's a long ride. I hurt, I'm tired, I want a drink, but can't, and it's friday.

Long story short, I had to pee. I stopped at a chain link fence and grabbed ahold of it to just catch my breath. The fence is atop a very steep and instant hill. As I held the fence, my left skate, in slo-mo, went down the hill. I had to grab the chain link fence with my little fingers and my little fingers had to hold up my weight. This is no easy feat. As i hung in the balance of fatness being held by skinny fingers, Devin tried to come to my rescue. Seeing that this wasn't going to happen in my lifetime, I decided to drop my other leg that was still on top of the hill to stop my progression DOWN hill.

Meanwhile, my fingers have intertwined and twisted within the links.

ouch.

By the time I got myself free and checked out my now numb fingers, i was done working out. So i called Janet. She met me at the end of the trail and spared me another 4 miles on my own.

She graciously took Devin home and although I'm not supposed to drink tonight, as Janet knows, I smiled and waved at him while he rolled away from Janets car, I said "Raven Club NOW and don't argue with me bitch."

And without a gripe, Janet headed my way...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"She graciously took Kevin home."

But what happened to Devin?

GML

9:05 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

hahah..oops.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Yeah, I gave up trying to rollerblade a few years ago, I can't do that worth a damn, I'll stick with bicycle riding lol.

Oh and fyi, I reactivated my blog and plan on staying up to date with it.

11:34 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

man, when i roller blade, my a$$ hurts so much, and i cant walk for a day. Good for you for doing it. but i can't do it anymore. Ice skating is a little bit easier on me.

Rollin' down the hill? I would have loved to take a picture. you would have loved it after, but would have killed me at the time. haha.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Hi poopiehead! got your message the other day. I"m still alive but busy busy busy!!! MIss you!!!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

devin my ass.......

8:56 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I want the video of that....

5:33 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

you see!!!!! That is EXACTLY why I don't work out!!!! It's very bad for you!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home