Tuesday, November 11, 2008

VETERANS day!

What better way to honor our veterans than to go on a lovely hike in this land of the free?

That's what I thought.

Kevin and I went on a nice 3 hour hike in Lynch Canyon. When we pulled up to the trail head, it was closed. SORRY! That just won't work for this law breaker so we parked about a block away where there were no "No Parking" signs and hiked in. It was rolling hills speckled with cows, calfs and bulls and a few hawks. I was unable to bring Kody becuase of the livestock but really...what kind of damage COULD he do?
Well...i'm kinda glad i didn't bring him. they really were about 5 feet away. So much so that i carried a big stick to whack them on the snout in case they decided to charge. Which they never did, even though they were surrounded by their babies.

It was such a glorious hike and it's been so long since i've hiked; i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Top it off with a visit at Fresh Choice and I think we've honored our vets well.





9 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

very beautiful but what about proposition - 'dont hit with sticks' unbelieveable ....really.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, you totally stole that last pic. Anyway, I forgot you were off of work today and am so glad that you had a fun hiking! That brown cow looking at you is so pretty or maybe it is handsome. Do girl cows grow horns? I don't know.

You and Kev hiking...hmmmmm;-)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Pher said...

That's the most natural square lake I've ever seen!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Sully Sullivan said...

Why the hell don't we get our Veteran's Day (Rememberence Day) off> God, I hate Canada. I'm coming down there guys, get ready.

8:38 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Gorgeous hike....cute critters, too.

9:47 AM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

haha, i love the reference.. so close i carried a big stick.. lol

3:45 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

You vote for humane treatment of livestock, and you're ready to tenderize them with a big stick? :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger deb said...

oh how pretty. we want to go.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Looks like a beautiful day and a beautiful hike. Oh and what gorgeous cows. Based on my own moral compass, my love of animals, and the inspiration of other animal lovers like yourself......I am honestly with all my fibers trying to give up consuming 4 legged animals. I would love to be a full fleged vegetarian, but I am taking this slowly and one step at a time so that it can be a lifelong choice. I believe in the energy of everything I put in my body, and being aware...BUT I was raised in the South....so this mess is hard. I know being from the South is no excuse, but argh....it is hard.
I am also very happy Prop 2 passed. God Bless all God's creatures.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home