Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hello.

Well, now...I started my job in Stockton on Monday. On sunday i had severe anxiety and really just wanted to call in sick; but, as you know, that wasn't an option.

the commute was an easy hour; i stayed at 70mph the whole way. When i got there i was greeted with such indifference, i had to laugh. My co-worker, Andy, was in the office that i was to plop my ass in. He says to me "Um...i just watned to let you know, i've been here for about 4 weeks and i'm trying to go back to my old job."

Okay.

I says "Um..it's not even 8:30 and i'm about ready to cry." He proceeds to tell me of the ineptness of this particular place and the agency overall. But as the day proceeded, I met my leader, Nick. Now, you all remember Nick the comptuer guy from SNL (and Michelle's blog); well..here he is. in the flesh. He'll look you in the eye after you ask him a question and say "So?" 50% of the time he doesn't even acknowledge that I've spoken to him....and I love it all. My boss hasn't even hardly said "Boo" to me and that's okay too.

I suddenly feel at home...i burped in andy's ear and he accepted me, like a wolf in a pack. We've toured abandoned institutions and it felt like being a survivor after 28 days later and i LOVE that kind of shit...we shut off alarms that had been going off for days maybe even weeks...HEY i'm a survivor!!!

I'm now going in to my 5th day; friday and that will be followed by a monday off (holiday) and a training day in Sacto on Friday so, so far, so good.

Choppy blog but i'm tired...commuting is exhausting even though i'm kinda liking it. I have to actually get up early, walk my dog, clean up, pack a lunch and wear semi-nice clothes...that, in itself, is a lot of work for me. But i'm doing it. AND i'm doing it with a pay raise :)

8 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

And my last day is Friday! Amazing how different people go in different directions at the same time...

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started a new job too, but didn't feel nearly at home so fast. In fact, after my 4th week, I still don't feel at home yet, although it's getting there.

You should try books on tape for your commute. You can get them from the library (free) and they make the drive time FLY BY!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I miss you! Luckily I received my new IPOD just in time. The music is helping me get through the day since I can't have our 10 gossip breaks throughout the day.

Nick better know how lucky he is...

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the new job!

12:50 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Not having your boss talk to you, sounds great!! lol.

3:04 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

wow! big changes!

i thought i was in for a change when my walk to work went from 35 seconds to 12 minutes . . .

7:59 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

Congratulations on your promotion!!!!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo for your new job!

Hey, sorry I flaked. I did make it up to Sacramento but I was busier than I had originally planned to be and didn't get a chance to email you. Besides, I only wanted to hang out with you if you had your new hot tub in. ;-)

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home