Saturday, August 16, 2008

The ADD Wedding Dinner

My friend held her wedding dinner reception at The Firehouse in Old Sac. I've never been there and it is beautiful. An old brick building with super high ceilings and elaborate art hanging from the walls. Old oak bars accompanied by old oak bar stools.

The actual dinner was held in the court yard which is way in the back of the building. In the courtyard is a huge old leafy tree, brick flooring, simple white decorated tables and a few people milling about.




I got out my camera and proceeded to take a ton of shitty, unusable pictures becuase I suck. Thank GOD everyone, it seemed, was taking pictures so the burden is off my shoulders. I still owe kelly $300+ dollars.

I call this party ADD becuase every time i would talk to someone or vice versa, the conversation would never finish. Kelly asked me about my contacts and when i started to tell her my glorific experience, she got up to go pee! I just told my dinner plate the rest of the story.

"I'm getting my hot tub tomorrow!!"

...insert cricket sound...

I talked to Jeff a little while later and he was imparting some awesome stock info and just when he gets to the good part, his nieces walk by and he forgot i was there. I'll just buy some Enron. Another nice looking fellow came up to talk to me and Adrienne, someone yelled his name and he was off! Helloooo....Is there ritalin in the house?

Kelly was all over the map and she never really asks for much in life and rarely asks to be the center of attention; but, today...she didn't have to. She just was. No, this isn't Jeff's dinner...it's Kellys. He's allowed to stay but don't overdo it buddy.

Few things about Kelly: when Kelly gets excited, she gets loud. It's only cute when I'M loud. But, since it was her day, I let it go. The happy couple sat across from me at the dinner table, Jeff closing his eyes for a long 3 seconds and saying under his breath "You don't have to yell!" and Kelly ignoring his irritation and yelling away. hahaha.a.....i love marriage.

Another thing, Kelly's not a natural comedian like me or Condaleeza Rice so when she does a funny, she does it again. and again...and maybe one more. So her one funny for tonight was telling some guy who was wearing a tie to "loosen up, man! Have some fun!! Let out your tie!!" Jeff laughs pretty loud and I think Kelly likes to make her man laugh. So she saw the only other guy in the party wearing a tie and says "loosen up, man! Have some fun!! Let out your tie!!" When she realized there were only two men at the party with ties, she had to move on to buttoned people. "Loosen up, man! Have some fun!! Undo a few buttons!!"

Before she moved on to pants, I went to the bar to prepare for my departure.

I hated leaving Kelly so early on her night; but, i had today planned for like a year. And I had 4 good friends going too (of course upon day of departure it's down to me & janet) so i needed to get home and sleep.

I gave Kelly a hug and she wailed "Oh no...you're leaving?? Oh..." but she was glad I came and hugged me back. Her friend Adrienne was also leaving so she gave Kelly a hug to her wails of "Oh no...you're leaving?? Oh..." As Adrienne and I walked off together I heard Kelly let out another "oh no...you're leaving??" and turned around to see her hugging this sweet, white-haired woman that must've been in her 80's and i'm thinking of COURSE she's leaving Kelly! it's 3 hours past her bedtime...

But Kelly doesn't care about that...she doesn't care that i have a big day the next day or that Adrienne has little ones at home or that it's way past someone's bedtime...she just wants everyone there with her, on her special night, right up until the point that Jeff pours her in to bed to dream about her future with her new husband. And since she doesn't ask for much, that's just okay with us....

Congratulations you two...I'm glad we finally made it!



10 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Groups are like that- parties are no time to talk anything but trivia- and keep that short! Get a hot tub that filters dog hair...

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me nervous when you go to parties:-)

Congrats to Kelly and Jeff!

8:31 PM  
Blogger deb said...

wow finally! they make a handsome couple. she is prettiest I've ever seen her. Tell her congrats for me.

8:34 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Awwwwww......How sweet. And funny, of course. Belly-laughing funny.

Can you just not be funny for once, TK?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

As usual, your telling of this event is hilarious. "Insert crickets here" was perfect!! The happy couple looks very nice. He's pretty hot actually. Now that that is over tell us about THE FAIR!
BTW, I updated and gave you props.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

what is deb trying to say? that she looks 'better' in dim light or what? "she is prettiest I've ever seen her"...sounds like an ok time but I cant wait to hear about the fair...

1:35 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

the fair ??????!

3:34 PM  
Blogger deb said...

SHE LOOKS HAPPY & BEAUTIFUL. I've known Kelly almost as long as T.K. and she looks more beautiful today than she did 20 years ago & I attribute that to her happiness & I'm thrilled for her. That being a compliment. Nothing more, nothing less. Hi Kelly. You know me.

Write about the fair T.K.!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like a fun night regardless (as fum as those things can get, I suppose) and they do make a nice looking couple.

But the main reason for dropping by was to congratulate you on the promotion (read about is on Michelle's blog. Of course, you'll have to send small gifts her way as a way of apologizing for abandoning her. Or bottles of vodka. Either way...

5:30 AM  
Blogger tavolini said...

sounds like it was fun, despite the short conversations--parties, especially weddings, are often like..(runs off to grab a beer)

Congrats to Kelly and Jeff!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home