Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Low carb...

So I've been doing low carb since last Sunday and I've lost 4 pounds on TOP of the 4 pounds i lost just by watching my eating.

One of the life savers during lowcarb is Suzanne Somers' tomato soup. It takes like 15 minutes to make but provides quite a memorable moment of bliss.

I usually use the 24 ounce can of yellow tomatoes i actually found at a 98 cent center. i bought all of them because they are so amazing. Of course, as is normal for these kinds of stores, they are not to be found again.

however, this time i used tomatoes from my garden: heirloom, zebra and cherry - i smushed them all up in my salsa maker so they resembeled the consistency of canned tomatoes (as required in her 20 minutes or less book)


The next IMPORTANT step are the onions. You must sautee them til translucent and when you process them, dont' process them too much becuase the chunkiness of the onions are the best part of this lovely soup.



this is after adding the cream and simmering for 5 minutes.


Once that's done, you process the whole batch in a food processor or blender, CAREFULLY - it's hot - and then top it with a dollop of sour cream. Hello! amazing!

Okay...now on to the HARD part of low carbing...no crackers, chips, breads, etc. Tonight I made crackers from almond meal. Well, you're supposed to use almond FLOUR but at TJ's i couldn't find the flour so i bought some almond meal. The lady at TJ's said just process the meal in the food processor to "fine" it more and that's what i attempted to do. While i cleaned and prepared the other ingredients i looked back at my processor to find almond butter. DUUUH! Rachel Ray i am not. But, Columbus I am so i dared to explore.

I made the "dough" anyway and rolled out these little babies...


I pressed them with a small cup, baked them at 325 for 20 minutes and got these delightful almondy, buttery little crackers that i can use for cheese or artichoke dip, etc...



Now. If i could just stop drinking wine, i'd be a size 2!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Stop drinking wine?! THE HORROR!! I think that low carb dieting has affected your brain somehow.

7:55 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Low carb works while you're on it, that's for sure...

3:15 AM  
Blogger Sully Sullivan said...

That looks really good actually. Yay Suzanne Somers. I guess she doesn't peddle the thigh master anymore then huh?

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food looks really good to me. I think I would eat it if I weren't on a diet!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

holy goat milk...that is one nice soup and the crackers are a great idea......

8:38 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Oh my good God and baby Jesus....that looks delicious. I have been trying to low carb too. ARGH.

I wish you luck and please keep your low carb/veggie inspirations coming!

8:55 AM  
Blogger deb said...

wowee put those crackers in your soup!! i making the crackers tomorrow and then dipping in jalepeno artichoke dip. good goin' T!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I was enjoying this post SOOO MUCH until you uttered the words, "stop drinking wine".

I'll light a candle for you...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

wha wha waaa la......

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your ingenuity there with those crackers. Great way to save them.

As of right now, the plan is to be up in Sacramento the weekend of Sept 19-22nd. I just want to SQUEEE!!!! Really hoping we get to meet up (not to sound too stalker-ish).

8:25 PM  
Blogger tavolini said...

yes, but would life really be worth living without a nice glass of wine?

Very neat crackers--the soup looks excellent!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

jealous much?

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home