Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sundays

I would adore Sundays if it wasn't the day before Monday. aka: the day before work. Because on Sunday's I tool around and do whatever I want, pretty much all by myself. I'm not social on Sundays because it's my day to re-group, prepare for said fucked Monday, clean, cook, snack, beat Kody, change sheets, watch movies and be in bed by 8.

Last Sunday, I had an over-abundance of heirloom tomatoes so I decided to "candy" them which entails slicing them in half, brushing them with olive oil & celtic salt and baking them at 325 for 2 hours. I did this early in the a.m before it got in the 90's.

Before:

After:

These tomatoes were sweet like sugar, I tell ya....I've stored them in olive oil and pretty much eat them like a salad; but, Suzanne Somers suggests eating these in a sauce, on top of protein, mixed in rice....

Janet's friend gave her a pair of PJ bottoms that were too big for her so, thank GOD for my fat ass becuase they fit me just fine and they are adorable!!!

I LOVE the little dingleberries on the bottom!

A few months ago, Michelle and i went to the local farmers market and each purchased a patchouli plant (hers has since died and mine is a single stalk hanging on for dear life). My plant came with a baby praying mantis. I carefully bagged my plant as to not disturb the PM and put my plant out in my garden for the remainder of the evening so the PM could leave the plant when he wanted and have a gorgeous garden to live in.

Sunday afternoon, while i was out plucking tomatoes and pruning my plants, I put my hand gently on a peach to see if it was soft and something grabbed my finger tip. Of course I shrieked like i had been stabbed when I looked down to see what it was...It was a teenage PM!! this could be my baby PM!!! Living on my peach tree!!

I picked him back up with a leaf and set him back in the tree where I hope to see him again in a few more months.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sornie said...

You have a Peach tree. i am jealous. The only fruit we can have up here in tree form are apples.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

How cool if it is the PM...very sweet. I have had those tomatoes before...amazing! And those shorts are too cute!

9:29 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Oh what great post! Dried Tomatoes adore them. Baby PM, coolest bug on the planet! I once had a "litter" of them hatched in my house as a kid. scads of itty bitty's everywhere!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, tomatoes. What I wouldn't give for a homegrown one. Most homegrown tomatoes didn't make it here due to storms when they were younger this year, the ones in the store just aren't the same.

Again, you save another insect. You are a good person:-)

TK, you could make some good $$ with those pretty tomatoes in my hometown!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those tomatoes look so delicious. Oh dear God, I could devour the whole pan right now.

A couple of months ago I spotted a PM in my garden and shrieked with delight. I made Marty pick him up so I could take a look at him. I was in awe ofer how cool he was. Hope your little guy sticks around.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, I love it when you beat Kody on Sunday's:-)

8:44 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

They are the coolest insect there is... except where they bite the males head off after mating...

7:02 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

DINGLEBERRIES!
Love it! The PJ pants are adorable.

I am not in love with tomatos, but I loved anything sugared or carmelized or whatever. I love ketchup and tomato/marinara sauce and bruschcetta, just not raw maters. Yours looke Bon Apetit magazine worthy.

Aww your teenage PM. Hopefully he will take a good route in life. Adolecense is hard, and he could go either way!

Loved this post!

8:57 AM  
Blogger tavolini said...

oh, those tomatoes look great! The PM would have scared the crap out of me...

9:10 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

you are cool and praying mantis's are cool....I made a stencil in college that was a praying mantis - I was 'spraying mantis' ..how neat is that?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

where do you get celtic salt???
those pj bottoms are ADORABLE!

8:26 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

heart of gold

12:54 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Teenagers are biters sometimes. Gotta watch 'em.
I like it when you post cooking stuff. You should do a BBQ post since you've got that cool new 'que'. LOVE THE PJ'S!!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home