Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sunday fair

i haven't blogged in a while becuase you know? sometimes you just don't feel like writing....and if you can't write something good, then don't write at all.
I will say that all my friends have kids, grandkids, parties, plans, etc., so to get all of them under one roof, in one day for 9 consecutive hours is nothing short of a miracle. I'm quite proud to say I did it. :)

so here are the pix from our sunday fair and i'll let them kinda speak for themselves...

Janet proud that six people fit in her car:


the long trek to the fair because we had to park in Lot E:


Of course as soon as we get in, we imbibe.

Dena and I paid Carrie a visit.

My brother ate his way through the fair; the rest drank their way through.


Smokey friends:


Every year, Terry Stokes has his famous Hypnotist show. Janet and Sally's son Garrett were determined to get picked, and picked they were...Garrett is in the white tshirt. you all know janet.

This is when Terry puts you to "sleep". Garrett actaully fell off his chair...hahahah!!!

Here's Garrett trying out for the Chippendales.


Who's your daddy?

"Annette Funicello" leading the crowd in the Mickey Mouse song.

a slightly buzzed picture. the best kind.

We dared my brother to ask this guy if he had any cream for chaffed balls and, sure as shit, he did.


uncontrollable laughter ensues...

and the final pix of the night....

Thanks guys for make the Tanya State Fair another great time. It would NOT be as great without you all there....period. love you.

13 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Ann said...

That picture of Janet is priceless...utterly priceless.

And chaffed balls...hilarious

1:00 PM  
Blogger Sornie said...

Cream for chafed balls, gotta remember that one.

1:32 PM  
Blogger deb said...

You all look amazing. Dena adorable. Eric, Healthy. Your brother cuter than ever. Age does him well. guys can do that. I wish I was in that mode that day. I just was not. Too many life changes going on. Of course you & Janet look happy & cute too!! I spent the day in church, lunch then out discussing future roommate situation. Then spent the night down on Jst with Patty & megan. a sober night of movies & big spoon yogurt. It was a quiet day & that's what was needed. xxoo

Tell chris about "Monkey Butt Powder." That will fix those balls right up!

4:29 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Looked like another great time was had by all...

5:18 AM  
Blogger tavolini said...

hahahaha--I love the hypnotist pictures--too funny! Glad you guys had a good time at the fair--I love fairs! Did you ride any rides?

7:31 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I feel like I was there. *hic*

5:37 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

i want to go to a fair with you. do you really think those people got hypnotized? i always believe it's a sham.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

how do you know I haven't been here....huh?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Looks like a really fun day. Lots of drinks & smiles. Excellent! Too bad the Carrie you visited wasn't me. :o( My question - did the guy have cream for your brother's chaffed balls?

9:20 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

First off--you are so cute.
Second off--so those group hypnotizing things really work? I always thought it was acting. WOW.
Third-- That is so wrong about the chaffed taters question. That poor guy.

Fairs rule, but what kind of eyeshadow did they have at the fair?
Did they have Touch of Mink? They always had that at the Oklahoma State Fair and the ladies would demonstrate the soap on your hand and it was so soft and smoothe. I think I am going to google Touch of Mink and try to order some.

Happy Imbibing!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

It looks like you had a great time!!!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

It looks like you had a great time!!!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Vodka Mom said...

that was a kick ass field trip. Next time, I'm in!

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home