Monday, October 19, 2009

it WAS a good day

We got up early and went to starbucks for coffee.

When we got to the ananda center we decided we didn't want to meditate for an hour so we left and went to Target to find God. and THERE He was! In this cute little shirt I bought and, finally, my Nikon can-carry-anywhere camera! So now i'll be able to get pictures of our outings, which we've decided there will be many of, regularly.

Church was a little odd this time; but, I still love it there. There's no denying the peacefulness you feel when arrive. One of their topics was humor. For the life of me, i cannot remember what it was that triggered our giggles; but, it was a doozy. I tried so hard to be an adult, i really did. I kept telling myself STOP IT!!! but, the flood gate opened full-fledged and we were off. We were trying to repeat what the "priest" was saying, as instructed, but, our voices were wavering which told us both we were still trying NOT to laugh and that was it...we laughed more. by the time this particular topic was over, we needed tissues.

i act like i hate that but there is NOTHING better than uncontrollable laughter. Thank you Debby : )


After that, we went to the Dollar Tree. Debby just needed candles but spent $22+ which means she bought 21 more items than she expected...(know how i know that?) While we were shopping, I was like "Oh right! i need bleach." I grabbed a bleach bottle and said "Dude...this is totally awesome bleach!" and Debby's like "Really?? why?" and then saw the label...hahahahah....
(takes nice pictures huh!)

I ended up spending the rest of my evening watching the most boring Patriot game ever and cleaning my house. I winterized my bedroom, which means hanging my gorgeous wine-colored curtains, wine-colored rugs, fall foliage art work and a dark fall-like quilt my mom made. i love those colors. so rich. and for some reason, i slept like a rock.

I like not drinking. i really do. the conundrum is i LOVE a good party too. i have to find a middle road. if i could, once or twice a month, really tie one on and the rest of the time be a productive member of society, i'd be overly thrilled. and by "tie one on", I mean meaningful fun like Second saturday or riding our bikes to Bernardo for brunch and then R15 for beer & smokes or driving up to apple hill, riding the hay rides hanging out at poor reds and then getting coffee to sober up for the ride home.


we'll see...i'm trying. i'm aaaalways trying.

5 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

Moderation is something I am incapable of...I have an off/on switch, no medium setting..

6:29 AM  
Blogger deb said...

correction. i spent 42 dollars! ouch. and yes the laughter was too funny and i loved that too. i've not laughed till I cried in years. only you seem to bring that out in me and always in the oddests of settings. :)and IT IS totally awesome bleach! beyotch

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Wow, that camera does take good pictures...is it a point and shoot Nikon? What series..I might get one because I don't like my point and shoot.

Have I told you this? I laughed like a hyenna (sp?) at my Grandmother's funeral because my Dad started crying (no, not boo-hooing) and I had never seen him cry and that made me laugh even harder. I had to cover my face and pretend i was crying! Oh Lord...everytime it gets quiet ANYWHERE I start sweating because I'm afraid that will happen again. I know, I turned your blog into something about me....SORRY:)

Church was a little odd this time? hahahaha:)

P.S. Awesome Bleach!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

it can be about you! please...as you can see my blogs are all about me! it's less embarrassing IF you talk about you. : )

moderation sucks. : )

Nikon coolpix L19. $99. i LOVE it!

6:15 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

It was about you- being like me!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home