Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Me, me, me....NOT ANYMORE!

Last nights volunteer orientation was AWESOME! Oh my God I’m on fire…I think I’m heading towards my purpose! Can you imagine? While I was showering this morning I pretended I worked at the SPCA and I felt compelled to hurry and get ready so I could get there…can I get another “can you imagine”???

I’m going to spend all my furloughed Fridays there. Why not? I ain’t got nothing else to do but stay home, watch tv and eat. I’m going to be a mentor, a trainer and eventually an employee or very close to them as an officer. Whatever it is, I’m on the right path. FINALLY!

And the really good thing about the SPCA as opposed to the city shelter, which I tried to volunteer at but cried too much during orientation, is the dogs you see stay alive til they’re adopted. (I asked Kody if I could foster a dog but he gave me a HEEELLL no. Prick. You think he paid the mortgage.) So the dogs I saw last night were so sweet. I found about six I wanted to take home. They’d lean so hard in to the cage door so you could get just the right scratches in…I just wanted to crawl in and lay down with all of them. But soon I’ll be able to take them out and walk them, bathe them and play with them. They even have morning adoptions on tv. My feet might be on tv!!!

One other program I loved was when you take the SPCA vans to fill up with gas, they want you to take one dog with you so they can stick their heads out the window and just be a dog for a while…is that not totally sweet!!

I feel good today. I’m so happy that I’m finally making myself get OUT of myself for a change and do something worthwhile. I’m so very very selfish & lazy…I hope this changes that….once and for all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Robin said...

WOW, you have inspired me! I am so, so happy you are doing this. That is the sweetest thing i've heard to take a dog to fill up the gas tank so they can stick their head out the window:) I think you would do FANTASTIC on television talking about the pets at the Shelter. Suh-weet;)

I think your on to something good!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is wonderful. take me next time. i would love to volunteer with the doggies!! deb

6:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I am soooo proud of you. I have been to three different orientations and still can't get myself to actually start volunteering. I am afraid that I will be incapable of not going home with every stray. However, I may be willing to foster...

5:11 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

im glad you are sooo happy. we should all take follow as you are!!! keep it up!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home