Saturday, December 25, 2010

Love

Love is patient; love is kind and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude; never selfish, not quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, its hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things that last forever: faith, hope, and love;

but the greatest of them all is love...

I've loved before. They've been paper-fire kinda loves. Hot & heavy and then quickly died out. I've only really had one love that the above words could warrant and yet it still died out.

Not sure it's even really possible. I think i'm broken. Like all the Shirley's. we're broken. It's hard to go through life knowing no one is capable of loving you for just who you are. And I can't blame the people I've loved becuase I am a horrible handful. A weird upbringing, peppered with drugs and alcohol that I needed to help me just survive.

only to be 44 and still peppered with alcohol (sans drugs thank God)...I've come so fucking far and yet I'm still nowhere.

think i'm feeling sorry for myself? no. Just realizing. And I'm really sad.

This morning, on Christmas day, I tried to find a reason to get out of bed and i could find none. I'm only out of bed because of Kody. He needs me. He loves me. And he's 11. soon he'll be gone and then what will be my reason?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pher said...

we're not broken, we just have complicated wiring. i don't think loves just dies out...i think we start "processing" and the logic we were imprinted with as hostages sneaks in and fucks a lot of shit up. we just have to work harder but oh yeah, when we finally hit our peak, it is so much more than we ever expected. and we deserve that. merry christmas tanya! i love you and that has grown over the years...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home