Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm so Carrie Bradshaw right now...

I come home after a night of sensible drinking, sit down on my computer to share the thoughts one can only come upon after spending the evening with a friend, and I think "Wow...I am so Carrie-ish right now.."


Except i can't smoke in my own house, my shoes are worn out sketcher boots, she lives in Manhattan - a life i can only wish i had chose, and i'm about 10, 15, 40 pounds heavier than her. And blogging makes me zero dollars.

But at least we're the same age.

We even ponder the complexities of relationships.

And even though we (Carrie and I) ponder the complexities of said relationships and even though tonight would have been a perfect Sex and the City episode: one about heartbreak, uncertainty, hope, laughter and cocktails, my blog will be about another peculiar relationship.

The one between me, peng and kody.

When Peng started staying the night, we had to work through the bed thing. Kody was used to being my bed partner and now we have a newbie - what do we do with him? He is the 3rd party, the last to join our hurrah so he really does get last place.

We start the implementation slowly and at first it's not looking so good *

But Peng eases Kody in to the new, hopeful arrangement *

Hey...not bad. Next, I slip in, non-chalantly as if nothing has changed and all is the same as it has been for the last 4 years with me and my bud...and Peng *

Aaah...yes...all is well.

Over the years, Kody has graciously bowed down to the "newbie" and now pretty much sleeps on the floor. Well, i use the term "graciously" rather lightly.

He lets us know he's still the boss in the mornings. As soon as he hears a mumble or a stir or a "Mornin'!" fart, he knows it's time to join the family...

But he doesn't just join - he jams!

If you think that picture is a fabrication of our mornings, you are mistaken. The louder the "OOoh God..." the bigger Kody seems to smile.

So it's been an adjustment period for all, but in the end, none of us have ever slept better...
Goodnight, my boy...thanks for keeping our home warm...

*illustrations by Fred Hillard from the book by Stephen Baker "How to Live with a Neurotic Dog" Permission to reprint not granted and thanks to me mum for the funny and fabulous book...

9 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

brilliant!
glad to hear about the adjustment period in your family. :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger ads510 said...

now i don't know if i want to go watch some sex & the city or cuddle with the puppy.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be a writer and start your own sex in the burbs. that was flippin hilarious!

bravo!

Debby with kisses

10:46 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

That was so funny! Love the illustrations. I’ve been enjoying catching up on your entries since “Bob” has been keeping me too busy to blog stalk much this week. I heart you TK!

BTW, if you have a Whole Foods near you they have some fabulous “chicken-style” seitan that is sooooo yummy. I’ve made it into many of dishes already, it is my new favorite. I forget the brand, but it is near the tofu in the refrigerated section, packaged like tofu with a yellow label. So much easier than trying to make your own!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

you know, i must say...this one is my most favoritest blog. alcohol makes me so creative.

why is that? and how sad.

and i am SO excited to get the seitan suggestion! i'm so over there....

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, LOL! I needed that, thanks.

2:07 PM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

my dog takes flying leaps onto my stomach (or whatever) first thing in the morning, too. will have to chack out that book!

2:20 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i wish i had a dog so it could leap onto my stomache . . . sniff

5:05 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm dying over here! I love it!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home