Wednesday, October 12, 2005

so...remember today?

when i said i was fucking depressed for being at work? well, peng and i went to a spiritual center and the message waaaaaaaaaaaaaaas....taadaaaa!!!! Do what you love! Don't chase money! In that you'll only find misery! i wasn't sure if i should laugh or cry. I am so sick of hearing the same frickin' message that i've heard for the last 24 years!! okay, before i appear seriously thick, i understand message=message and do something about it; but, hey...what about my retirement?

One thing i did hear loud & clear; money is not that important if you're attached to it. So I love it! i want it so bad that I'm depressed near every day and have been for over 25 years wanting it. Now don't get me wrong; i still believe money buys happiness but what if i'm not gettin' any? Guess what the next 25 years hold?

so, do i sell my home and move to tennessee to work on the elephant sanctuary? Or become president of Peta after Ingrid retires? What if that's not quite it? Will i still have my dream of buying a Pacifica outright with no 60 month payment plan? Will I miss partying in the big city living vicariously through my own still-has-hope buzz? If you think about it, you can do whatever the hell you want! I can quit my job tomorrow and work at *gasp* starbucks (sorry, Tabs)...I can sell my house and find some property near Tahoe and open my dog kennel for those that are skiing for the day/weekend.

But, alas, my mind drifts back to money...and a loft in Manhattan or over looking the bay in SF. Or starbucks EVERYDAY instead of 2 to 3 days a week becuase they're too expensive (damn Starbucks and their druggy coffee).

I'm in a pickle.

So i thought "i'll call Fox and give them my new idea of a reality series and we'll call it 'Can Money Buy Happiness?' and, of course, i'll be the star"...problem is, i'll prove it can and then everyone ELSE will be depressed.

But i'll be rich, rich, RICH and it won't matter...hahaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! (i'm maniacal again)

don't hate me because i'm shallow...i try.

i really do.

9 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

*sigh* me too.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I think that saying “money can’t buy happiness” is kind of bunk. It should be more like “money can’t buy all the components of happiness, but it sure doesn’t hurt.” Take me for example. I have lots of wonderful people (and a dog) in my life and do some things I enjoy every day. However, in the end that car payment, sky high housing prices, my education that I’ll be paying off the next eight years, monthly bills, ad infinitum…can really weigh a person down. Maybe I’m shallow and materialistic and don’t really need all that crap, but that doesn’t make the fact that I want it all and it makes life a hell of a lot more comfortable go away. See what I’m sayin’?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yes i do. in fact, imagine the amount of happness you'd feel if i wrote you a check for the exact amount of all your outstnading bills? THAT, to me, is pure joy.

we owe too much in this country. we need to cut it out. course i wanted to take out a heloc so i can go to Ireland in march. but that would also bring me happiness...

10:56 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

money does bring freedom. freedom brings happieness. (with qualifications added to all my previous statements).

if jon and i had the money, we would pay off all our debt. prepay the rent on our awesome apartment that we love and then travel. pack some bags and just go. so, money helps give us the freedom to pay it off, leave it behind and go without worry.

but i'm not putting stake in having money and buying everything i want and then hoping to be happy for the rest of my life because i have everything i want. i mean, look at all the movie stars. they have tons of money, buy whatever they want and still end up in rehab, get divorced, and are generally unhappy human beings like the rest of us.

there has to be something more.

i think for me, it's not so much having lots of money, but having freedom from debt. yeah, that's it.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

No i know it Tabby. When the preacher guy was talking, i know what he meant. much to pengs misunderstanding. it's a shift in perception. i have everything (and wya more) that i need.

i'm super lazy. it requires work to dig that deep to find peace and serenity at all given moments. and i'm certain once you're there it's less work.

i'm just used to floating at the top and whining about the things i want but can't have. I am paying the price for that. big time.

It's a matter of time before i choose to go within. i just hope i'm not dead by then. well if i am too bad. i do have fun in my life too...

we'll see. course if i lived in portland i WOULD be happy. (outside situations influence my insides 99% of the time)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hi Sonya...yes i did. i was relieved!!!

member: I owe you smokes!

4:09 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

.dnaltrop ot evom

that's your subliminal message for the day!

4:19 PM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

If you go to work for Starbucks, Latigo Flint will woo you. Just FYI.

I like the dog kennel for skiers idea. I'd rather ski *with* the dogs, though...but they always cross in front of me when I run with them, so I'd be scared of what would happen on snow at 20-30mph...

3:04 PM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Oh, and if I had loads of money, I'd buy me a helicopter and fly my friends wherever they wanted to go. It would make visiting my in-laws a lot more fun, too. Going all Airwolf down the river would be so righteously f-ing Airwolf.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home