Monday, October 17, 2005

you know...

Fall is coming. It's my most favorite time of year. I'm lazy by nature so when it's raining outside, i don't feel guilty when i'm "forced" to lounge around the house, watching movies in front of the fire. Even Kody seems to acquiese. (woo! i smart!)

Sunday, Peng and i attempted to make some home-made Seitan. Zero success. We used a ton of ingredients too, all for naught. They came out kinda like Boca crumbles so i'm going to attempt to fry that shit up and see if they at least taste good.

I also decided to "jerky" some tofu so last night when i got home like super late (8:45) i decided to line the tray of the dehydrator i had bought at our local thrift store. Every time i'd go to the thrift store (twice in the last twelve months) that thing was there. So when i decided i'd try raw foods, i thought i'd check to see if that poor dehydrator ever found a home.

It didn't. I bought it. And I never washed the thing.

So as i lay in bed i thought about how long that thing had been there with all the people walking by, putting their booger-crusted hands all over it, the dirty farty air that probably had settled on it's surface and i threw out the tofu. I still have some tofu left so i'll wash it and try it again.

This is coming from someone who'll pretty much eat anything off a floor. I'm quirky like that. I even had to re-wash sheets i hung outside to dry becuase i saw flies landing on them. I could picture their dried goop peppering the area that would probably land in my mouth while i was sleeping.

Ah...yes, fall is in the air....shoulda kept it at that...

8 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

lol - ewwwwww, you gross! :P

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I just learned from friends Stephanie and Justin that the particles that make farty air smell like butt are called "farticles".

Just thought you'd like to know.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

exCUSE ME! Tofu is barfingly delicous!

i just had to acquire a taste for it. but jerky-ized it really is quite tasty. and smothered in any kinda sauce is delish. and nothing screamed while it was being made. 'cept maybe the poor worker who knows there's more to life than what they know. but we won't go there today becuase i am lucky. ilovemyjobilovemyjobilovemyjob.

tanyita. love it.

farticles...loved that too!

love your pix b.o.b.i.

HI VALERIE!! Where's my hat?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

ohhh, right. Hat. I knew I forgetting something! :) what color do you want? ok, so expect is for Christmas. TWO THOUSAND SIX!!!!!! :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

you fill me with glee!

4:13 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

and tofu is not creepy!

i happen to love it!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Icky!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

hey, you be nice. You're the one who took off for a month and left me all alone when I got back from NY. So just hold your caballos (horses) and I'll post tonight. :D

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home