Sunday, January 29, 2006

Peng's B-day weekend

Peng decided to somewhat celebrate his b-day this weekend...even though his b-day is 2 weeks away. as is mine. but i'll be in Ireland...

he planned a surprise trip and didnt' tell me of it until we were on the road. We were going to San Jose to see Circus du soleil! I wanted to appear so very grateful but honestly i was thinking "ew...a circus?!?" Now i know it's not the animal kind; but, still...

well it was magical. and fabulous. and amazing. it brought me to tears at one point; that's how spectacular it was. An evening well spent...

Before we went to the circus; however, we went on a gorgeous hike through the hills of Sunol. What a beautiful hike! It looked like we were already in Ireland!~ so green with cows grazing unconcerned with our presence...the hike took about 4 hours. i was sore and tired. but got my work out in.

now during this weekend i brought a book that i had bought for my friend but decided i would read it first. no gift comes from me without it benefitting me somehow...it's called Marley & Me. it's a funny, heart-wrenching story about a man & his dog and his family. Of course today on our ride home Im in the last 5 chapters and I cry and cry and cry. Some of the stuff wasn't quite sad anymore; but, it brought back vividly Bear's last few months in my life...and it brought back the pain so clearly of the day i had to let my boy sleep one last time in my arms.

by the time i got home i was emotionally exhausted and i think peng was too. I felt bad for him as i'm sure he's thinkging "shit. what do i do? do i console her? Should i talk to her? Is her drama real?" you know...all the thoughts that can go through a guys head. He asked quietly if maybe i should finish the book at home but i had nothing to do on the long ride home so i wouldn't hear of it.

but it was a sweet arrival home becuase i still have Kody. He's not the most loving beast. In fact, he's a cross between Marley and something else with no description but he is my boy. He makes me laugh, keeps me company and i love him deeply.

And i think he, too, is book-worthy material...someday, my dear poopie, some day...

here are the pix from the weekend...
Peng King of the Hill


Me Queen of the hill with the most gorgeous backdrop


More gorgeous backdrop


Me admiring scat


The scat makers:


Awwww....baby scat maker

and to think: I used to eat these sweet, innocent creatures!!! I shudder at the thought!

Me in Valerie beautiful hand-crafted hat!!


Me and my "friend" Peng


Where me and my friend Peng ate


An illegal-almost-got-my-camera-taken-away horrible shot of inside the tent before the show

11 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Looks like you had a great time! And I love my Valerie hat too!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YAYYAYAYAYA, you were in MY neck of the woods. I live down the road from the Cirque tents. That's where BFF and her husband went lastnight, why I baby sat the boy.

Wow, you look GREAT in the hat. You so purdy!

And almost 40??? You dont look a day over 26. You go girl!!!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

Great pictures of Sunol. I have ran up there several times.
Beautiful!!!
Great time of year to go too. Things are just starting to get green there.
And has Valerie said...you do not look 40! Remember that!!
Plus....it is just a damn number.
Take that from a person who is going to be 44! Yikes LOL!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

When I was a young ‘un my favorite book was Where the Red Fern Grows, and I would just cry and sob at the end every time. Old Dan, Little Ann, RIP…*sniff*. I saw the author of Marley and Me on a talk show, now I want to read it too. When it comes to reading I’m a glutton for emotional torment.

Those cows are sooo cute, I love moo cows. And that hat looks so cute on you. You would definitely give me a run for the money in the youthful looks department, and I just tuned 26 yesterday. Tell us your secret, is it baby scat?

12:31 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmm . . . cirque de soleil! i'd LOVE to see it someday! my friend (who moved to san diego) has seen it several times and LOVES it. sounds so beautiful . . .

your pictures are gorgeous!

i KNEW you and peng would still hang out. you are too good of a match to stop being "friends" entirely!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hi GGG: you looked awesome in Val's hat.

HI VAL!!! in your neck of the woods and didn't even se eyou...for shame! thanks for the compliment.

SG: you should come back to CUTS.

Shanani; that was funny. i think it was just the lighting... and the sparkles i added to keep me looking 12 : ) or 39.

TABBYS! you would love it. you would absolutely love it. Peng ordered me some DVD's of past Circus soleiol so i'm gonna check those out with a newfound curiosity. when iget back from the UK. i had to order more irish movie to get me ready...ya!! two more weeks!

4:53 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

have you seen waking ned divine? that's a good irish flick . . .

9:51 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i did and it is.

in fact, we'll be in tullymore on my birthday. but it's not the tullymore on the movie...unfortunately. ithink it's a made up city. probably in ft. bragg.

1:58 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

what day of the month is your birthday?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

the 16th...im' Wednesday child full of woe...

4:24 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

i think my mom went in to labor with me on a wednesday . . . but i was born on a thursday . . .

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home