Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tonight

My girlfriend and I went out tonight to catch up on life and each other and we went to one of the most trendiest spots in Sacramento. Kind of an oxymoron, i know; but, still. There were plastic surgery miracles, Christina Aguilares look-a-likes and some downright beautiful women. Right beside us was one of the "downright beautiful" woman and her two very cute friends. One of the louder ones (read in between the lines: when i was young and cute) was ordering Soco Limes (southern comfort with lime juice) shots for her friends:

"Suck it up and drink it! you'll like it "Trust Me!""

Aaah...they did their shots and i reminisced. I wondered why i missed those days. I was young, wrinkle-free and didn't look like a shar-pei when i bent over. Shots were sexy and so was getting drunk. Even sexier was the attitude of "i'm not trying to impress you - i'm strictly here to have fun!"

Weird getting older...

We had to go because we needed to eat so we didnt' get too drunk. after all, we had to work the next day. Strange because at 25 i didn't care if i had to work the next day; i just did.

So here i am at 9:30ish, bloggin about the good 'ol days...and those girls are probably on their 5th shot, laughin' it up - and not realizing that some day they'll all be me. They'll all be older and not quite so cute when they're drunk. and they'll all be watching the next generation...reminiscing...and wondering why do they miss those days...

here's to you girls...cheers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I'm in between you and them.

But I hear ya. I miss those "girls" days.

9:25 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

*sigh*
i already can't stay up as late as i used to . . . i don't function without sleep. in college, i could go on 2-3 hours a night and still make good grades . . . ahhh to be young and full of potential . . .

11:32 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

That’s funny that you should post about this today, because I’m sitting here at work on maybe 4 hours of sleep after a late night at the Knitting Factory and thinking I’m getting too old for this. Maybe it’s my encroaching birthday. At this rate I’ll be acting about 60 by the time I hit 35.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

all 3 of you: shutty!

wait til you hit 40! well i'm not there yet either but lemee tell you...BIG diff!

anyway, i'm not feelign too bad after a measly 8 hours of sleep...

tommorrow, peng is taking me somewhere mysterious. doesnt' that sound fun? no, we're not dating.

are not, are not, are NOT!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Senor Guano said...

I can still do the late drinking/part thing on occasion, but damn it takes its toll now. It takes a week to recover. No fun.
But still now and then....

I think the last time I was getting hammered I was at home with the g/f and I was sending you pictures from my cell phone of the empty wine bottles.
Damn wine is a good buzzzz.....

3:18 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

yay!!! Senor Guano posted somethign new!!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

the blow up doll was a gift to our single friend for her birthday. Her name is Lola. She was pretty slutty that night. :)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home