Thursday, December 07, 2006

Office Christmas Party...

These can be veeeeery dangerous if one drinks more than one should.

i, however, was on my best behavior. really. my boss requested that i sit next to her so she could keep an eye on me. GOD! I'm not 32 anymore!

anyway, i did have 4 italian margaritas which are like regular margaritas with added amaretto. they were very good; but, they must've used non-alcoholic tequila & amaretto becuase after the first 3 i felt nothing.

and it's the 'feeling' we all go for - you know it; don't lie.

Not much to tell about the party - it was fun, loud, deliciuos, funny and strange. strange being this couple at work who started dating about 8 months ago brought in their own food to the restaurant. is it me or is that just shameful? they are not poor either...they're almost rebellious. Course i noticed they seemed to "find" some dessert that was actually paid for (and not by them) and i noticed they had cocktails poured in to their plastic cups reserved for free water. if i was the management, i would have asked them to take their food outside. how odd & rude.

later, we did the yankee exchange which i find very entertaining. there were no rules and i always love no rules. Eternally unlucky me, ended up with the SECOND TO LAST NUMBER!!! which, if you know about yankee exchange, is very good. i coordinated with #1 (who ultimately gets the last pick) to ensure she wouldn't take what i wanted. Most presents were pretty lame and when one would walk around to exchange the gift they just opened and didn't want, everyone would hold up their lame gifts, begging to be taken, as if they were in a 3rd world country.

I got the last gift and barely opened it while i walked on my way towards Dennis who had the gift i wanted:



YEAH BABY!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

What you call "Yankee" gift exchange, we call "Chinese"! I have no idea why!Beyond being tacky,it is usually against the law to bring your own food into a licenced place that serves food.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

no snogging? boooorrring!

8:13 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Office parties--love em & hate em. Ours is next Friday. I'm looking forward to it, which makes me worry that I might not have a good time.

I am intrigued by the idea of Italiam margaritas. I guess fusion cocktails are a necessary by-product of globalization.

8:47 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

BTW--We Philly Yankees call the Yankee Exchange a "Pollyanna." Who the hell was Pollyanna and what did she do to perpetuate such a horrible ritual?

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home