Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day 6 - Nutrisystem

My breakfast was kinda cool. i went to starbucks and got an iced double espresso in a venti cup and added "milk". Then i used the chocolate shake packet and added it to the coffee. it wasn't a starbucks mocha but it wasn't bad either.

for lunch I had their cheesy mashed potatoes with brocolli and my green bean mixture i made the night before.

I made my own dinner last night and it was just all right. i think i'm missing my chef boyardee :)

okay, on to funner things. There is nothing better than a planned and perfectly executed anything. All us girls are going to the state fair mid-august and we're bringing in our own drinks as the beers are like $8 there. Since i can drink about 8 beers, that's a VERY expensive night.

Everyone has flasks except Janet and I so i thought i'd surprise her and get us both one. Then i took it further and wondered if i could find a flask with a dragonfly on it since Janet LOVES dragonflys and collects them. Viola! I found one! So i ordered her a dragonfly flask and me a martini one.

Kevin and I went to the Dollar Tree so i could get a bag and tissue paper to wrap it in when he suggested that i buy this tacky angel and pretend THAT'S her gift. The more i thought about it, the more i loved the idea.

Becuase Janet is one of those people that would die before she hurt your feelings so i knew if i got her this horrible gift, she would act as though it were the best thing ever.

So here is the bag i bought...CUTE!


and here is the pretend gift:


so she opened her gift and was "overwhelmed" with her angel. I tried so hard not to laugh but after abuot 30 seconds, Kevin and i couldn't contain ourselves and started howling. Then she asked "is this not the gift?"

NO! So i pulled up all the tissue paper and she saw her REAL gift which was this:

8 Comments:

Blogger fatwonkkid said...

a trick i like to play is wrap the gift in packaging tape (it must be packaging tape because it is difficult to rip). since it is clear, it is difficult to find the end of the tape. i also hide the ends of the tape in the corners of the package. generally i put about 3-6 layers of tape around the package. it is fun to watch a person unwrap that without tools!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

Nice flask...I have always wanted a nice flask to carry around in my back pocket....what are you going to put in it?

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're my kind of friend. i love giving fake gifts to people who i know will oooh and aaaw over it as though they thought it was the best give ever. on the other hand, i hate it when people do that to me because i oooh and aaaw and then when they call me on it i feel like an ass for lying.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Well ithought about that too...so i called her on it 30 seconds in to it so she didn't go crazy on the fake gift and embarrass herself. but she can't really embarrass herself in front of me. she catches me on way too much shit.

DB - VODKA! and diet soda so i'm kinda sticking to mydiet.

i think i would hit you FWK.

7:02 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I really don't like getting gifts, because I usually am disappointed! Good gag though....

4:42 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

WHERE did you find that flask? And, do we get to see a pic of your martini one?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

you're such a jokester!

10:00 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

and then . . . ? she loved it?

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home