Monday, July 02, 2007

LULUS!!

It was a girls weekend. And you know what that means. It means the table the next day will look like this: (please note the naked boy cards...oy)


My Saturday started out good. Got up early, cleaned the house, took Kody & me to starbucks and then packed my bag for the slumber party.
When I got to the house, i opened the door to let Kody out and he was very unruly. Took off...right in to someones garage and when he didn't emerge, i knew he had gone IN their house. So i ran as fast as i can (read .009432 mph) not knowing if this house belongs to an old lady with a hundred cats or maybe it's the home of a 10 year old boy who collects hamsters.
thank GOD it was just some cool people with one old dog.

As soon as i walk in to Sallys house i get scolded for forgetting chips & salsa. NEVERMIND that i brought a gorgeous salad from my garden. Maybe because beer & salad is not as good as beer & chips & salsa? i don't know.

I really love these girls though. All is forgiven becuase it is a beautiful day and we're gonna party. Sally and Candy have the perfect backyard for a little "suarve"; a cold pool, lawnchairs everywhere, the best floaties i've seen in my life and LOTS of beer!
I mentioned i got there at noon, right? Well at 2:00 my little Sally has only one operable eye, apparantley, and it's the only one looking at me while she talks. I'm thinking "Shit. i hope she doesn't go down too soon..."

(Amazingly enough, that one eye kept it's eye on everyone til well after i passed out.)

The pool is beautiful but it has no stairs so Kody hardly went in. And when he did, someone had to help him get out. I tried to rustle up as many workers to do this job as that what the rich folk do. Thanks Dena and Candy!



Their neighbor peeks over the fence and she's merrily invited over. Now Candy adores this lady; but, i, to this day, am not sure why. She was nice, she keeps a good watch on the house - but that beyotch shushed me. And you all KNOW i HATE to be shushed.


(Clockwise starting at noon: Dena, Candy, the Shusher & Sally - oh and my foot)
I ran to Sally to tell on her becuase i knew my girl would TAKE HER DOWN! And she did but in her funny little way.
or was it? Because shortly thereafter, she left. :)
We're all happy now!


Now it's time for games. Ever play Catch Phrase with like the worst player ever? Try the worst player ever who's drunk. And has one good eye. and comes with a percussion system built in.
"Uuuh. Uuuuuuuuh....*sigh*.....uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....Umm...hmmm....uuuuuuuh..." BUZZ!
that was my partner.
Take a guess who...

But we're assured by Candy that her boyfriend is coming over and he'll show us some magic! YAY!!!! I LOVE MAGIC! And i love beer and now i'm full of one and preparing for the other...(oh in between all of this we had some lovely kabobs too...MMmmmm)
So when John gets there i give him 4.5 minutes to relax before i ask him to do some magic. (this is really sad and i'm going to embarrass myself but i gotta be me) he say's no, he's too tired and just wants to relax. Sally introduces "her girls" to him (not THOSE girls) and asks him if this is the game he was talking about earlier (showing him my Catch Phrase)
J: "Nice to meet you! Yes Sally...that's the game."
T: "Do some magic!!"
J: "I'm really tired...I'd just like to relax..."
S: "Hey John...these are my girls!!!" "Hey John...is this the game you told me to get?"
T: "Do some magic!!"
S: "John...is this the game?" "Did you meet Tanya and Dena?" "they're my girls"
T: "Do some magic!"

Well, we didn't get a magic show but we did get a nice view of his ass as he walked out of the gate.
What. Was it something i said?

Thank God the evening was winding down becuase i know most of us were full. All i remember is laying on an inflated double mattress with a beady blanket...'night night.
afterthought:
Usually the next day i immediately hop in my car and go home becuase i just want to BE home but i stayed for quite a while in the morning becuase it was so comfortable and fun. The pool looked super good, their home is very comforting...Sally's boyfriend (yes she made the call) made us breakfast. we watched the most killerest move called The Illusionist. It was a good morning to cap off a great evening and THAT'S the kind of weekend I love...
Thanks guys...see you next time!

8 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

cool fun and beer too...I am not a big fan of lite beers though but I am a big fan of girls in swimsuits

7:30 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Sounds like ANOTHER good party weekend for TanyaC! The movie you watched was pretty good, too!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

DOWN with the shusher!!! You tell her!

Sounds like a fun party - wish I had a friend with a pool. Maybe that should be my summer goal...find a friend who has a pool...


-Crystal

9:13 AM  
Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

SHUSHING is never good. SHUSHERS need to be excused to do their own party-pooping somewhere else...

I am insanely jealous, but then, if I wrote about my adventures like this, my children - who read my blog - would be so very shocked and horrified at their MOTHERRRRRRRR! (Insert rolling eyes here)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Man, you guys have such fun1 I want to come over and see some magic!!! My dogs are Labs, they love the water...altho they are a little too fat to be liftin up out of the water...

9:00 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

so you DID get to see some magic! (in the movie) . . . i wish i had a pool - it has be so HOT here! i worked OUTSIDE yesterday and it was 90 degrees (for portland, that's pretty hot).

10:20 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

i can't believe you brought a salad either.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

She did NOT shush you! She really oughta know better -- guess now she does! lol! :)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home