Wednesday, January 02, 2008

An actual food post!

I had dinner last Sunday and had kevin and janet over. The dinner was Coconut Rice from VWAV, a medley of squash and Horseradish-Coriander crusted tofu.

it was delish.

I wanted to visit when everyone arrived so i prepared everything in advance. All i had to do was turn on the heat.
I started with the coconut rice which was made with coconut milk, lime zest and a cinnamon stick.

when the rice is done, you top it with toasted coconut...yum!

Then i prepared the crust which is also from VWAV and is made with Panko bread crumbs, crushed mint & garlic, ground coriander & horseradish. It called for freshly grated horseradish but I used my bloody mary horseradish and i think that's a no no.

Here are the tofu squares. I coulnd't get the coating to stick, so i just laid the tofu in the pan and topped it instead. still tasted intereting - in a good way.


then i chopped zucchini and yellow squash in my amazing Vidalia Onion Chop Wizard...5 squashes in less than one minute. God i love that thing....
VIOLA! the finished product!
and just because he's so damn good looking...

9 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

look at you making this spread! i want to sit on your tofu. it looks comfortably squishy and divine. the coconut rice sounds glorious. happy new year!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

I had to look back to see whose blog I was reading! Great food post. Happy New Year!

3:09 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow.. looks amazing! Love the tofu and rice so much...

3:13 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

It all looks amazing, I love the richness coconut imparts...and I love Kody. Period.

Happy New Year!

6:24 PM  
Blogger T. said...

can't believe i'm saying this, but i would actually eat at a vegan's house after reading this post. it looks tasty.

2:52 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

If I had never visited your blog, and saw this for the first time- It looks like your dog was the main course! I bet he watches you 24/7 to make sure you don't go "Carno" on him....

4:22 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

well well well...what have we got here? Looks good enough to eat and then some....I feel a tofu challenge coming on...tofu galore I say ...bring on the tofu...

6:35 PM  
Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

This looks so marvelous! I think I need to make the Coconut Rice again myself. Isn't that the best stuff ever? Yes, yes it is...

6:44 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

mmmmmmm never blog while you are hungry - this is dangerous!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home