Saturday, February 23, 2008

A new day...

thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those that read my blog and really shared their feelings. and thank you to those that read my blog and email me only and yet still shared their thoughts and condolences.


On with life because life is for the living...this is a horrible segue; but, I love to gamble. I love to buy scratchers and today I decided I'm going to find a bunch of lucky spots and where ever my ticket wins in, that's where i'll nest.

My first choice was under my new cleopatra 24 points of happiness wheel that Debby bought me for my birthday after reading my bad-luck blog. she thought it'd change my path and so far, minus my mother dying which was happening beFORE i got the wheel, it has.


My next spot was under the picture of my dad (RIP) becuase he was a sweet, sweet and incredibly lucky man. he's the person that wins at everything he plays and he's always surprised, never gloats or rubs it in peoples face, like his daughter..hmmm....


My next choice was under the pix on the box of Bears ashes. Because I loved him so much.



and speaking of dogs....the Budda dog Kevin bought me...seemed like a good place.


and then the most obvious place, my money tree:

I'll let you know later which ones won. Will i hate dad and bear if i lose? Let's hope not.

Kody's surgery went very well yesterday. i was there the second he came to because it was very weird without him all day. The tech said he wanted OUT as soon as he opened his eyes and howled to let everyone know...that's my boy!

He came out in those hideous collars and I instantly felt bad and laughed. what can you do? last night was a nightmare with him wanting to be on the bed with a cone the size of a compact car and being groggy from anesthesia but we made it. I wanted to take off the cone but they stitched his eye downard and looped the string back up and tied it so that loop could easily get caught in his nail, a branch, my finger....so no frickin' way was i going to chance that.

But what actaully was the worst is he couldn't eat all day. When i brought him home, in his sleepy state, he walked right to his bowl and tried to look back at me but i assume all he saw was white plastic.


i'm a bad mom becuase i gave him two cookies, quarter cup of food and some bites of my sandwich. what the hell...?

Here's kody (aka Koney) when i brought him home...eyes droopy, panty, sad looking....

Here he is after a couple of snacks...i'm instantly rewarded and it's all about me.

and here's me as a bad, indulgent mother with his cone off BUT me watching him like a hawk.

(see cone in chair...it's there to remind him if he misbehaves it goes right back on!)

Things are settling down...we have a BIG storm coming in and i love those...in the meantime, i'm watching game show network.

4 Comments:

Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

I am glad that his surgery went well. The cones are so funny, when they start walking and hit something. wait, that is mean. lol.

Good luck on your scratch tickets. I would love to win the lottery. not alot, i would like 20k thats all, pay off everything and go on a vacation, and get back to it. its not a lot to ask for right ?

6:34 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i don't think that's a lot to ask for. i'm the same way...so not greedy but shit just give me somthing to make my life funner!

12:24 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

what a lucky boy!

8:21 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

You have so much love, even someone you don't know can feel it..

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home