Friday, January 18, 2008

Talent

Ever see the movie Once? It's a gorgeous, non-assuming musical set in Dublin, Ireland. You'll have to subtitle it as the dialogue is a bit stronger than we're used to.

Anyway.

Kevin gave me the CD WAY before I saw'r the movie and when he gave me the CD i did my typical eye roll. Because Kevin LOVES musicals and I personally don't. but i tried the CD and instantly fell in love with it...

when the movie came out I was stoked. When i saw'r it, it was nothing what i expected. It was so lovely, so sweet, so smooth.

At my home, i have at my disposal, a piano. I used to love to think i was gifted but i am not. And now i have my brothers guitar and again i try to prove i'm a savant but alas i'm normal. below average actually and it's so frustrating because music can vibrate my soul. It makes me feel things I love to feel but can't seem to find in everyday life.

So I tried to play some of the songs on my ipod from once and i suck. i suck so bad i'm pissed...but put me in front of a microphone...well...stand back...becuase I'm Tanya, bitch.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

video...I want to see some video...bring it on "Tanya"

4:48 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I can't play a musical instrument, and I admire people who can. I dearly love music- but not a gift I was given. I can carry a tune, but most people rather I didn't! Love to hear you sing sometime!

7:21 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

"...music can vibrate my soul"

Poetry.

I feel sorry for those who are too timid to sing out loud or clang on a keyboard. You don't suck--you're just rusty. Rock on, TK

7:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Yes, inspired by Craig's amazing musical talent, I tried to master the guitar. He patiently gave me lessons...after two of them, I realized that I ZERO musical talent. However, I am comforted in the fact that Craig can't bake a cake to save his life. So, there!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

michelle ann- That's what I always tell people- everybody gets some kinda talent, thank God it ain't the same one!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

You need to get Rock Star for PlayStation. I suck at drums and guitar (even if they're pretend video game controllers) but I rock the mic! It's all I do in my free time anymore :) I put Once on my netflix queue, thanks for the recomendation.

11:59 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

same here. crap.


all my friends are soooo talented at making music. and i can't play an instrument worth sh*t.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home