Monday, January 14, 2008

Well, I'm back.

Thank you to all who kindly sent me well-wishes...it was much appreciated. and needed.
It took me 17 hours to get to Bellingham. All was fine until I reached the Siskiyou Summit. Chains were required and due to a miscommunication with the checkpoint cop, I took off withOUT getting a chain monkey to chain my wheels. By the time I got to the top of the summit, I pulled over. I tried to be a man and put my chains on but I was just a girl. And I couldn't do it. So I did what some girls do and sat in my car and cried. And a man who does what some men do, pulled over and put them on for me. I hugged him and tried to give him $20 (this is after i texted Kevin his license plate number in case he killed me) but he'd have nothing of it...thanks man I don't know!!

Finally, I arrived in B'ham, grabbed my suitcase and my damn brother didn't even have one beer for me. So i had some milk and went to bed. I felt really bad for my old boy Kody having to sit in that car for 17 long hours but he did not whine once. It's like he knew something was different about this trip. On the first night, he attacked moms pug once, tried to eat her parrot a few times but did settle in and accept his new surroundings. I took him running one day and a long-ass walk the next and then I quit and just shopped, partied and slept.

My mom is in a care facility and it smells like poop & death. I hated going in there. Of course she was in the last room of the building and each room I passed had either an empty bed or one soon to be empty. I told kevin that i hope i NEVER get that way; but, he assured me we'd take care of each other. He knows DAMN well, he'll be the one taking care of me. and my luck, that's when he'll leave me. in my own feces-filled diapers.

She seemed to be in really good spirits though. Her legs are so edema'd up that they are literally leaking. but she doesn't like to lay down because the liquid fills her upper body (i guess) and she can't breathe. What a drag. But one thing she reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally really loved, was that damn dog. She was tickled pink to see Kody. and i brought him in 3 days in a row for 2 hours at a time. He not only made her day, but everyone elses...and can't you just see why?


my little beast will get on ANYONE'S bed...even grandmas....

11 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

well glad you made it there safe and sound. and look at that! kody practically sitting on top of moms!! how adorable.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

So glad to hear that you had as good of a visit as possible, and that you made it back safe & sound.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I just love that...goddamn dog!

8:02 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Your mom is beautiful--just like her daughter. And we know how much she adores that damn dog.

Hang in there, TK--I know it's hard.

11:13 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

That dog could make friends anywhere. You look like your Mom a little, don't you?

11:32 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

okay. no more comments about looking like my mom when she's DYING!!! SHEESH...

but it's good to be back...time to catch up myself!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

How is your mom doing since you left? Kody sounds a lot like Simon. When we take him to visit his Nana, she has to lock the cat away. Simon tried to eat it once. That wasn't a good scene. But Nana still loves him to death.
I'm sorry I failed to mention that YES I LOVED THE PIZZA! Have you made it yet? Trust me, it's really good. You on Facebook yet? I lost your e-mail address too. Please send it to me again at scarycarrie_ca@yahoo.com. Party hardy girlfriend! Try some Stolichnaya Razberi with 7-up & lots of ice. It's my cocktail of the moment. Delicious!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

together they make Kody look HUGE....

6:26 AM  
Blogger deb said...

is kody bigger than your mom? that is precious!

5:52 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

I'm so glad that Kody was good for your mom .. and that you made it safely..

3:45 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

god . . . he looks just like hudson. only i think he is bigger. but that's fine with me. h is big enough. :)

glad your trip was a positive one.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home