Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 2 Key West




Gotta do this on every vacation. : )



I got up pretty early today because I wanted to do a little shopping before I had to bring the car back. I didn’t bother bringing a map because I am on an island and I figured I didn’t need one. I reallydidn’t but I dd end up driving all over the place looking for a CVS and then tryping to find my way back home.

I stopped at a supermarket called Publix and bought bottled water, OJ, deli stuff, kashi bars and beer. And my first floridian lottery tickets. Apparently they lose just as much here too. But their tickets go up to $20 a ticket and I saw people fiending over them!!! I just spent $10 and won $3.



I decided I’d deliver my groceries and THEN drop the car off so I did. With the top down. When I got back home I put on my suit, grabbed my “Happiness” book and headed down to the pool. I only read one chapter and then headed to the bar. I am on vacation you know. Met a guy named don there…funny-ass guy. Funny as in gooby with a side of hicky innocence, but, very sweet. He was waiting for a group of friends that were coming in a bout an hour. So we shot the shit until they got there. I took one break to swimin the ocean cause I saw marci out there paddle boarding with her pit bull Mimi and I needed me some dog time.

One thing about key west is it’s fricking HOT here. Very very hot. And because the ocean is incredibly shallow, the water is hot too so you NEVER get refreshed! I am so just learning to deal though. I sat at the bar and met a few more people. Get this. Chicken and possum and Vicki. Vicki’s a bartender at schooners so I’m heading there tomorrow. On a bike. Yay!!! I’m also going to a Cuban restaurant tomorrow too for a late lunch.


Me, my 4 chins, Chicken and Possum





me and Vicki

Anyway, don’s friends showed up and I loved them all except Bruce who, unsolicitedly told me he had 300 employees, ran a multi million dollar business and drove a Bentley. What a blowhard. We partied for about 4 hours and parted ways so we could clean up and meet for dinner. Which we did an hour and a half later at 915. It was AMAZING!!!!



Roseanne, Don and blowhard





This is Dan. very odd man but his eyes were BEAUTIFUL!!



We partied for about 4 hours and parted ways so we could clean up and meet for dinner. Which we did an hour and a half later at 915. It was AMAZING!!!!



After that we hit a wine bar and that’s when blowhard started being a total dick. That’s when I had had enough so I said my goodbyes and headed home. I decided to hail a bike cab since I was super tipsy and did not feel like walking that whole way. That was a nice way to end the evening….




Random Gecko on my balcony tree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home