Saturday, June 10, 2006

day 5 - mostly water today

...because i hate juice. so i thought i'll just end the fast on water. and some jamba juice. and the juicer is giong back.

the mornings are really good for me. i dont' feel tired anymore like i do pretty much every single morning pre-fast. like 40 years pre-fast. it's when the evening creeps up that i start getting panicy and anxious. maybe it'll be different today since i won't be at work and can be busy doing whatever i want!

and yesterday i almost quit the fast. i really wanted to so badly. becuase kevin is moving in with me for 2 weeks while his son is away and i am looking forward to making him dinner and sharing good vegan food with him...i wont' be able to do that the first few days into our cohab; but, oh well. still. almost done.

thanks kevin for making me stay the course. you'll be rewarded greatly ; ) (assuming i'm great)

Last night my back was hurting in a weird way. it's like a heavy feeling. the whole lower back has the same uniform feeling which made my hypochondria flare up and i immediately went to "am i going to be paralyzed?" i believed that so much a shock went through my body...what eles could it be???

Today it doen'st hurt at all but Multiple Sclerosis is funny that way...symptoms subside, then return, subside, then you're paralyzed.

i watched a marathon of X-Files last nnight. i don't recommend tha during a fast becuase i had odd dreams all night.

oh and my throat hurts too. God this sounds like a senior citizen blog! but it's all supposedly "healing crisises" and i'm actually getting better.

i have a lot of work to do today and i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly greatful to the universe that i am not at work today.

still hungry...

9 Comments:

Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

Hang in there! You're on the home stretch. I don't know if I could do a fast. I'd really like to give it a go. Where would I find some information?
I was a faithful X-Files follower from the very first show. The ending blew. I felt gyped after all my years of loyalty. I haven't watched any re-runs since then. Maybe I should. I miss Fox Mulder. I used to have dreams about him, but I won't go into that here. Minors might read.
Hope you have a productive day and that you're feeling OK.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

HI TANYA! fasting sounds really hard, good luck. i'm typing this at my hotel in liberia, guanacaste province costa rica. my sisters and cousin just left for the airport and i'm going home tomorrow :( i'll have updates and pictures on my blog later this week.

9:56 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

TK, do you have MS?

Hope your back and body heal up quickly. Sounds like you might need a nice gentle massage...

I cannot do a juice fast, I can barely make it thru "relgious-based" fasting for even a day...

*HUGS*

4:47 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

You know who you should talk to? Vegan Momma.. Do you know her? She seems to have a plethora of knowlege of raw foods and juicing. Maybe she'll make the fast easier for you. I talked about her today in my post. Let me know. :)

Teddy

5:33 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

thanks Carrie for the encouragement. i never thought i could either but i didn't even plan this really...i just did it. after the 4th day it's not as bad. today i feel incredible. light as a feather and hungry once in a while. but nothing like you would think.

i LOVE fox mulder...mm..mm...yes. but not as much as kevin :)

HI SHANANI!!! God I've missed seeing you daily. how weird to notice that...you're a part of my life now! and in costa rica. you already take fabby pictures; i cannot wait to see what you've got.

kleo, no i do not have MS. it's actually an inside thing amongst my friends beucase i have every disease that's out there. and funny you say that becuase i just got back from a massage...mmm..i am butta!

hi teddy...i'll check your post. i'm almost done now...although she coudl probably help me tremendously with breaking the fast which is the most critical part...so thank you for that!

i'd check everyone's blog today but at home i have dial up and that would book my night! but i cant wait to see them monday!

6:41 PM  
Blogger geeksters said...

I went on a water-only fast for about a week when I was in high school. When I was hungry I would go to the baking aisle of the grocery store and look at donughts and chocolate muffins and cake. Looking at all that food made it seem almost like I was eating it and I didn't mind going home to more water.

Good luck with the next few days!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

I have been on a fast recently as well.

I refuse to eat any food that begins with the letter Q.

12:24 AM  
Blogger karen said...

Way to go! Personally I couldn't do a fast for longer than a day- like Kleo... You have some extroadinary willpower!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

that' what i do! i stuck my nose in my boyfriends nut (now hold on....) burger and just breathed deeply. oh god. that smelled good.

peter. you are really funny...that was clever!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home