Monday, September 18, 2006

My Boyfriend and todays Guest Blogger

...he surprises me sometimes with random things and this is one of those random things. Funny becuase i was disappointed in myself and slightly stressed that i should post something!

and yes i am aware of my drinking issues...leemeelone....

so i wrote your blog for today. feel free to spice it up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

I’m doing a guest blog for TK today because she’s busy studying for her real estate license and I can tell her fans are getting restless. I encourage her in her new venture and hope that this will lead to lots of wealth so she will eventually learn that more money won’t make her happier and I can say I told you so.

So, how about a weekend update? Well, Friday night she sat home alone because she had to work her waitressing job early in the morning. I personally witnessed the angst of her debating herself whether or not to participate in the Crazy Hat Pub Crawl. There really is nothing that TK likes more than pub crawling with a hundred of her closest friends. She does like an audience and nothing makes a better audience than beer imbibed 20-somethings with funny hats. Not to worry though, she did pop a couple of Amber Bocks with Betsy’s mom. TK has a way of getting people who drop by to tip back a few with her.

Saturday morning she missed, for the 10th consecutive year, the Great American River Clean Up. She did have a decent excuse though…she was working. So while I was cleaning up Sacramento’s great asset, she was fighting off advances from older Greek men who were taking even older Greek men out for breakfast. She did well though, tip-wise.

Saturday afternoon found her mixing drinks for a co-worker while they lamented their various bad choices in different men throughout their lives. Seems the new theory is to ‘get stuff in writing.’ But there are only so many reclamation projects that are willing to sign contracts and these men can always claim they were ‘under the influence’ if the case ever makes it to Judge Judy.

TK declined my rather generous invitation to attend the monthly Vegan Meet Up. While she is very sympathetic to the plight of animals and admires those who reflect their beliefs in their eating and buying habits, they just aren’t quite the party animals whose company she really craves. While she despises our current President’s policies, she thinks she would have more fun swapping fart jokes with him than hanging out with his political foes. Again, that’s part of her endearing charm. But TK was able to completely catch up with her Netflix queue so Saturday night wasn’t a total waste.

Now nothing screams Sunday morning like going out to breakfast. So phase I of Sunday was successful. Phase II was to involve cleaning her house and that was partially successful however the lure of football and beer tended to misdirect her efforts a bit. I was there to make sure she stayed somewhat on task and I have to admit she was more than willing to keep the hummus, salsa, chips, and beer coming my way while oversaw her efforts from the couch. She is a wonderful hostess and would have made an outstandingly nurturing mother had alcohol been one of the building blocks of a well-balanced diet.

Sunday evening TK decided that the Vegetarian Society potluck also didn’t hold much interest for her. She missed a nice presentation from the Animal Protection Institute which is sponsoring legislation to regulate the transport of farmed animals. The movie would have made her sad and angry though so it was probably best. Later I heard that she enjoyed a full evening of Three’s Company reruns. (But who am I to judge because I went home to watch even MORE football.)

Just another normal weekend for our TK girl. Don’t you wish you lived closer?

thank you punky...; )

9 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

HEHEHE - very cute.
I was at the pub Friday night when the crawl came through.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

dang, really???? LUkcy!!! did you crawl too?

you only say that dewey because it just happened to me! ; )

12:40 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What a doll. That's so sweet.

HI MAMA! I'm still alive. I promise!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

he said he was bummed he didn't take more time to talk about me dying my hair (came out great, thank you very muhc) his weight, hair and our skin tones and smoking.

or seomthin glike that.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

what a super fun post to read! thanks for catching us up with the haps on tk - busy weekend & best of luck with the real estate license. i rolled through sacramento a couple days ago (our car actually broke down in roseville) i was struck by the beauty of the river.

9:32 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

haha
your bf knows you well. and still loves ya. that's rare and wonderful

lucky girl you

teddy

11:37 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Too funny! See, I thought I had a partner in blogging, but then he up and starts school again and has no time for it. Boo! Oh well.

-Crystal

6:37 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

TK, "punky" is ALMOST as entertaining as you. Maybe he should start his own blog. *hint* I'm sure it would make for some fascinating reading. I can't believe he didn't mention anything about your hair!! What's up with that? Well, I guess since it's his first post we can cut him some slack.

8:35 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

i am sooo confused!! alcohol isn't one of the building blocks??

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home