Friday, December 08, 2006

White men canNOT dance

Kevin and i went out for Veggie sushi and a few Kirin's after work last night.

I wasn't quite done partying so I asked if we could go to 2 Me's for just "one" more. We drove over to 2me's around 7ish and parked in the post office parking lot, so Kevin could get to his p.o. box (p.o. is conveniently right next to 2Me's) i had to pee so bad i was holding my pooter like a 3 year old running to the bar. it was cold & dark and lonely on my run over; but, when i opened the door, the angels sang...it was warm, colorful, tinkley and inviting.

Inside i ordered two fat tires and waited for kevin. While i waited I noticed that some of the people there appeared to be remnants from an earlier office christmas party. you know...when all the cool people aren't quite done being 'festive' and they suggest heading to a fun place to actually HAVE fun?

yeah that.

Kevin finally came in and we settled in and played some darts, danced in place ever-so-slightly to the tunes on the jukebox when Madonna's Papa Don't Preach came on. Well, this one guy, from said party, came to the middle of the empty floor, with his EYES CLOSED, ARMS SPREAD WIDE OPEN AND SPUN IN CIRCLES! Of course he bobbled a few times because he was hammered. But i'm sure, in his mind, he felt so cool, so sexy, so amazing. when in fact, he looked totally drunk. Even his sweater vest couldn't help him out at this point.

So he spun some more. I felt like a voyeur staring at him but i couldn't stop. He did some funky ass nerd moves, stumbled a little bit, did the quick I'm-not-drunk recovery steps and continued to dance. then some girl came over to rescue him and then another guy came over and they did the whole sandwich-the-chick move becuase, well, they can.

i could've watched that guy all night. unfortunately two things were happeneing: One, i was getting a washing machine delivered in 40 minutes and two, you KNOW that guy was on his way 'out'. when you dance like that, as a man, you are
on
your
way
out.

To give you an idea of what i witnessed:

7 Comments:

Blogger funwithyourfood said...

aww I can't see the picture!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tears were coming out of my eyes i was laughing so hard. I can't get over your comment, "Even his sweater vest couldn't help him out at this point."

8:34 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

TK! Holy crap girl! You've been busy. Me too, but mine hasn't been going to bodacious parties like you. First off....I don't think you're white trash for drinking a Bud in a cozy. Now, if it was a Colt 45 - maybe. I did notice your Irish Turf/Peat burner and Erin Go Braugh pin. :o)
I laughed so hard at that video! Jim does not dance. Ever! I think he's afraid of looking like those dudes. Frankly, I'd rather he didn't dance if that's what I'd be shimmying up against. *GAG*
By the way, did you get Dennis' Heinnie? How was it?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Rolling on the floor laughing, Dave and I haven't been near a dance since.... oh gosh 15 years and this video brings back flashbacks of the last wedding dance we went to.

How's the real estate thing going? I finish my program on Wednesday, after that I am a purposeless, unemployed gal with cooking skills. I don't officially get licensed until January.

1:04 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

White women aren't far behind! At most wedding receptions, you can observe most dressed-up white chicks doing what I refer to as the "Two-step Glue step" Two bounce on one one foot, then two on the other....Until the booze is really flowing-then all bets are off!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Freakin hilarious!

10:03 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

drunk office people are the best thing EVER.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home