Friday, April 25, 2008

Is 10 the new fat?

Sheila is a funny girl. I love hanging out with her because she laughs at damn near EVERYTHING I say. And she tells me often that she'd rather be married to me than Bob.

We also have a few things in common like struggling with weight loss. I've been doing really good with my diet and exercise program and have lost 9 pounds. My ass has gone down at LEAST an inch. So I went up to the 17th floor in our building and stood in her cube, ahem-ing. She turned around and did her usual cooing when she sees me; but, did not respond the way I expected which was "OH MY GOD!!! Look how skinny you're getting!!!"

So I had to point it out: "Hello??? I'm a size 10 now!" She wrinkled her face in disgust and said "I know. Join the club."

I know? Join the club? You mean the fat club, you bitch? So, apparantly I've gone down from a 12 to a 10 and she's gone from an 8 to a 10...did you hear that pop? That was my bubble.

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Ann said...

That blonde bitch....need we forget her "pose" to make herself look 10 pounds thinner. It didn't. She just looked so ridiculous doing it that you weren't paying attention to her weight.

We love you Shelia!!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

I'd like to be 10"

10:57 AM  
Blogger deb said...

well if I lost 9 lbs I would be 3 lbs from my goal. I'm still 10 away. good job t.k. You're just 2 sizes from a 6 :) the new "4".

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

We're talking shoe sizes here, right?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

10 is my favorite number. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it in years. CONGRATS TO YOU!!

2:35 AM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Fantastic job. keep it up! don't get rid of all the love handles!!.... mmmmmm love handles...

4:31 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

"Well, I think you've done great!" He said gallantly...

5:00 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

did I forget to say that I am an 8 now....

12:38 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I've seen your photos. !0 or 12, you're not fat.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

I don't think she was being mean. I think she was being sarcastic. You were saying that you were a ten and she said join the club like is it really that bad?

Don't let her get you down. Don't tell people what size you are unless you are so happy to be that size!!!!

Good job size 10 is my dream size!!!!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home