Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Budgies!

While working from home (yes today is an AWESOME day) I saw a gray parakeet on the wires outside my window. He/she was soon to be joined by another baby blue parakeet. I was worried becuase i think domesticated birds dont' know how to live in the wild so i put out some bird seed for them.

And although I was kinda sad, it was really nice to see them flying around because i'm sure before, they were unable to do so in a tiny cramped cage.

I'll never understand why we cage birds.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sornie said...

This sort of reminds me of the female Cardinal outside my office window. She was suicidal. I didn't think a bird could survive after nearly constantly thrashing into a window for four straight days.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Robin from Ok said...

I heart you:-)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

You are so sweet to leave food out for the birds and have such a caring heart.

9:26 PM  
Blogger deb said...

you attract this to your life you know! i think your purpose is calling you. tanyaaa tanyaaa tanyaaa

9:31 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Think of it as a Witness Protection Program- so the cats don't get them...

12:31 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

I thought a budgie was a loose wedgie

6:06 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I hate to see caged birds, too. At least it's warm where you live, right?

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home