Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Fuck me.

I have to go back to work in Stockton. No more cows & calves grazing lazily all day, no more fields of amazing green, no more purple majesty mountains, no more back-breaking yet rewarding work....now i'm back to traffic, mean people, dead animals along the road..and yes...cows...but dairy cows...up to their asses in dung & dirt just praying for the sweet release of death.

as will be I.

My boss even called the head person in Stockton to say she wants to bring me to sacramento only to be met with his "Hell no!"

A new project has arised. arisen? We'll be a pilot project for all of the youth authority and will be completely enmeshed in this project from start to finish and the big boss wants me there. meanwhile, i've already gotten caught up on 30 rock (ever want to see how Kenneth views the world? classic!), family guy, 24, and american dad...what's left? I'll have to start a new series!

One good thing happened today: I settled from our accident in january...a cool 5K. what will i do with 5k? here are my options:

buy a new car (even though my 96 avalon runs great)
hire someone to redo my backyard
have a ton of money to gamble with
buy a husband
save it
invest it in this shitty market

any suggestions?

10 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

send it all off to me and end up feeling better about yourself!

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't need it, you should totally invest it! A shitty market is the time to buy. Buy up something really stable, long-term in double or triple that $5k in 5 years.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Hmmm....db? no. Anony? smart.

7:17 AM  
Blogger deb said...

It's megan's 13th b-day do you want to help make a 2 night point reyes trip with us in may (her birthday wish)? that means you have to come too (more fun anyway). i can't afford it by myself this year. It would be 175 for each of us for two days (a friday/sat stay) at the olema cottages in inverness. think about it. this was something planned with el dicko.:( let me know and I will book it asap. otherwise no biggy and thanks for considering it. Auntie Tanya.:)

7:23 AM  
Blogger deb said...

definitly get an estimate for your backyard. i can help you design it. I designed my backyard at the dregderway house. :) that would be fun.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Take a Cruise! Seriously, cruises are unbelievable cheap right now and go somewhere you've always DREAMED about going but never thought you could get there.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Invest in the shitty market - when it recovers you'll have more than the 5k.
At least, thats what I would do.

10:33 AM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

lets go to disney land!!! ahahahaha. xx

7:31 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Don't think "want" think "need" with the 5k... CDs for next six months, then think about stocks...

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do the damn yard...it's a mess and it totally looks like trash...you have been talking about it for 5yrs and longer...hot tub is nice but would be sooooo much nicer with a pretty soft kody friendly look. just do it so it will be easy to maintain....luv ya

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home