Monday, June 15, 2009

The Weekend

Janet and I picked up Dena around 6:30 and headed to Citrus Heights (aka Syphyillus heights). The bar was in a strip mall, no less and it was a frickin' $7 cover charge to get IN this silly bar.

Once inside we grabbed drinks and a table and hung out. Shortly thereafter Matt came up to say hi and he's the reason we were there; to watch him entertain. While he was talking to us, two bleached blonde gruopies tugged at his shirt sleeve, smiled the GUMMIEST smile i've ever seen and waved shyly. Lord. He politely smiled back and told them to hold on, he was almost done.

5 minutes later this obnoxiuos girl from Jersey came and sat at our table (only becuase Janet stuck her finger down her plumber crack - tryin to make painfully long story short) and we loved her. She was fun & funny....her son came by a few minutes later with his beautiful girl who kinda looked like Uma Thurman. Now one of the skanky blondes i had mentioned earlier was actaully the mothers best friend. Uma got pretty hammered so i asked skanky blonde if she was keeping an eye on uma to which she said yes.

An hour passes by and everyone is pretty toasty and while i'm outside smoking (as i do ONLY when i drink - don't judge me) that skanky blonde is making out with "uma"! FULL-ON MAKING OUT! I walk over to them, split them up and ask "is this how you look out for your friends daughter-in-law??? When the mother came out i totally tattled and the mother looks at skank and says "I cannot BELIEVE you were making out with my daughter-in-law...you've been my friend for 20 years?!?" I'm thinking 'right on lady...you might be hammered but your loyalty is not...only to be followed by "Who do find more attractive? Her or me?!?"

THAT WAS HER CONCERN! THEN...and not shitting you...they proceeded to make out. That's when i said OKAY! let's go!

on our way out, daughter-in-law was inthe car making out with husbands best friend. it was a pretty night.

and THIS is why i do not leave the confines of my little world...it's way too scary out there for me.

Saturday we went to 2nd saturday and THAT was fricking awesome. i got the CUTEST earrings!!!


Downtown was packed, some streets were closed off and the night was perfect! We met Dena and Eric and Dena's co-worker Janet and her husband Jeff and another of Dena's friend Julie. i LOVED Janet and Jeff (and of course Julie but i know julie)...they were so fun and funny and a great audience which i always love.
We ended up at Streets of London where we split off and headed home. well the goody-goodies headed home...janet and i got closer to home for some good ol' pool & darts.
Now is the time where i get my shit together and start working out. remember that quote? you'll find it peppered throughout my blog; but, each time i say it, i mean it. and each time i say it, i hope it's the last time i do.

6 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

the urge to go near that area never occurs to me even when I lived out there there was no desire. it's pretty ghetto, oh and yes very skanky. pretty frikin' gross, glad you made the decision to depart.

now second saturday sounded great!
we had POPS in River Park out here Saturday evening. We had bikes, POPS, and UP.
pretty earrings btw.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Holy Shit...I've never been around anything like that in my whole life. That is so funny that you tattled on Uma and skanky....hahahaha!

Cute earrings:-)

Start eating Raw...the pounds will DROP off. Seriously!

9:44 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

You don't live in a different state, you live on a different planet than I do!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

You weren't at a bar, you were in the audience at the Jerry Springer show.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie™ said...

That deleted comment was from me. I stuttered when I clicked "publish your comment" and it showed up twice.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home