Thursday, November 05, 2009

Janet's Birthday

I had more fun planning her day than she had having it.


I went to the store at 6am to get her a bouquet of balloons. this was actaully an after-thought becuase i had already bought all her gifts, her cupcake, her decorations and it was very hard to keep mum but i did.


she had mentioned she'd like it if we'd change our Dexter night from Tuesday to Wednesday so she could feel like she was doing something on her birthday. so she must've thought that would be it. how sad. I put her balloons in my office becuase Kody was over-curious about them and how sad would it be if she came in to 6 popped and chewed up balloons. taht's worse than thinking Wednesday Dexter night is the happenin birthday.

I went home for lunch and decorated the living room, put out her presents and decorated a wine glass that would act as a table for her delicious caramel apple cupcake.

Isn't that sweet?


Anyway...funny story. i read a meditation book yesterday cover to cover and i'm ready to live my life calmly and kindly but i waited a full hour for that bitch to get to my house so i could surprise her! Too long of a story but i should have known better with Janet. She's a dawdeler (sp). I tried to be in the present and focus on my breathing and realize how horrible it was to be mad at someone that has no idea you're trying to surprise her. shows you how selfish i am. this was all about ME!


but i digress. did i capture the moment or WHAT?



Opening her gifts and talking lovingly to Betsy becuase she's gay like that. Even Betsy's embarrassed.



Janet likes to keep her eyes closed so she doesn't see her gift until it's fully unwrapped. that's kinda funny...She's 10.




This was my favorite present to her (becuase it's also to me) and i made her open it last:

(it's a mini cribbage board)



So here they all are. 1 outta 4 ain't bad.

6 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

endearing. she is so cute. happy birthday Janet. you are one of a kind!

T, the universe was teaching you patience. seems like the joke is always on us.

we SO wanted to be there! no thanks to the H1N1 quarantine. meg's on the mend and sends Janet non contagious hugs and kisses & we have a little something for you too!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

aww...that's very sweet too!!!

if you're home tonight i need to come by. with a surgical mask on, of course.

6:23 AM  
Blogger deb said...

yes we will be.

6:38 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

You type like I do , when loaded... Good friends are hard to find, and sometimes harder to keep.. I'll kick both your butts in cribbage- it's a "throw-down"! Nice gift, and happy you are happy...

10:19 PM  
Blogger moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

the coors was a gift too!!!! awesome!!

that is so sweet of you.. but you missed my birthday, next time come here and do the same thing.. i just have a bc ferries crib board and i need a new one.. plus someone to play me with it..!!

you are such a nice friend.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Robin said...

hahaha, you always make me laugh:)

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home