Monday, June 12, 2006

My final day

...i couldn't be happier, and only becuase i miss the flavor of food; the preparing, the chewing, the feeling that comes from eating a good meal. What i realize is how social and boredom-relieving food has been for me. when i would think of making plans with my friends, i'm like "crap. can't meet for brunch! or dinner! or cocktails even!"

what i also realized is how much bad food we really DO eat. Pizza, hamburgers, taco bell, oreos, mexian, msg, mochas, etc...now don't get me wrong...i LOVE all that stuff. but that's been my problem. Being without for 7 days has made me question what i really want to put in to my body. especially since i have felt so good the last 2 days. i mean euphoric too. and when they say you feel 'light', they aren't kidding. i felt light and clean and clear headed. i also had anxiety, dullness, hunger pangs BIG time & weakness. I have to say days 1 through 4 sucked. well day one wasn't too bad. anyone can go one day without food. days 2 to 4 were hard. i was hungry, pissed, tired, bored, impatient and almost gave up. but days 5 & 6 were indescribable. (have something to do with the fact i wasn't at work maybe??? how sad is that)

so, as a wrap up: I've lost 8 pounds; and, I've gained new insight on the stuff i put in my body (including alcohol *gasp!* and it's partner; cigarettes). I'm glad i did it. i laughed when i read Karens comment of how disciplined i must be. so did all my friends. and my boyfriend. and Kody. becuase i am NOT. i am so the opposite that it's not even funny. I don't know why i did this or how i stuck to it...i just kept telling myself it's only 7 little days out of my life. and every day down is closer to the day you can eat.

and now i can REALLY look at everyone's food blogs without drooling. and find great recipes in my vegan cookbooks to actually prepare and eat and feel good about it.

Yup. Today is my final day and i'm all the better for it...

13 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

i'm guilty! about once every other month i sneak me a bean burrito minus the cheese from taco bell and then about a hour later i am complaining "why did i eat that???" as my stomach is churning...

good job holding out on your fast!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

YAYAYYAYAYAYYAAAA! So proud of you mama! Wish I could do it, but I would get fired from my job for being a grumpy bitch. Seriously. :(

9:41 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Congrats on the efforts/success! Thanks for the comment and thoughts on my blog! I thought I would blog hop for a while and get back over to veggin'out.

11:20 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Good for you!!! NICE!

4:54 PM  
Blogger pinknest said...

you made it!! congrats. i think all diets make you realize the crap people eat on a daily basis. i can't stand seeing people eat potato chips and drinking a huge coke on the subway. so disgusting!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

congratulations on a goal accomplished! i'm impressed.

7:31 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

: )

good job!! we were all rooting for you.. noo more cigs girl.. or at least cut back.

Teddy

ps i went and saw thank you for smoking. I really recommend it if you haven't seen it. It is pretty funny

11:17 PM  
Blogger ads510 said...

that's so awesome TK! I can't believe you lost 8 lbs in 7 days and actually felt good by the end of it. I am super proud of you!

5:28 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

congratulations!

you rock, girlie!

9:08 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane said...

food is very social for me too . . . when i am all by myself i forget to eat!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Congratulations TK! Way to stick with it, and enjoy breaking the fast :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger karen said...

You are disciplined!!! Fasting for such a long period of time is very difficult. You should be very impressed with yourself.

I quit smoking after 14 years!!!about 2 years ago and feel so much better! I can stay on a treadmill now and not get out of breath.

I have my fingers crossed on the lump, please keep us posted on your ultrasound.

7:57 PM  
Blogger geeksters said...

The chewing part is the best part.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home