Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A baby!

Janet and I were playing cards late last Saturday night. She felt the urge to see what Betsy was doing so she got up and went outside. Kody was laying on the carpet near the door; but, as soon as anyone goes out, he must go too.

All of a sudden I hear her yelling "Oh my GOD! Tanya...get the dogs, get the dogs outta here!"

Without knowing what the hell is going on I run out back to see Kody looking at me like 'what is her problem?!?' but, knowing she must know what she's talking about, I grab Kody by the scruff of his neck and drag him in. When I secured the dog door and got the dogs in, this is what she saw....
Awww... a little baby possum clinging on to one of Kody's shits. I gave Janet some garden gloves becuase I'm a BIG baby and i don't squoosh spiders or pick up baby rodents. She did and he went with no argument. However, he came for dinner and he wasn't leaving without it so off he went holding on to his big 'catch'.
Maybe I'm 'possum drive thru and he came for take out. hahahaha....oh i'm funny.
Anyway, we plopped him and kody's poo on top of the fence and I kept the doors locked all night to ensure he found his mommy.
I like to assume he did...

8 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Awwwwww...for shit's sake, thats cute. We don't have possums here, but my cat ate a baby bunny once. I was not impressed.

Tracy

2:09 AM  
Blogger deb said...

did not know that was the cuisine of the possum. yuck. he looks determined. he about the size of a kody poopie

6:39 AM  
Blogger pinknest said...

ewww! baby possum feeding on doodie?!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

sorry but even baby possum are ugly! they look like huge rats! AND he's clinging to poo??!!! EEEWWWWWW!!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

hey ellie may why didnt you cook up a pot o''possum

3:27 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

They are a bit homely, aren't they?

4:36 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

He's a cute l'il shit, isn't he?!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

This is interesting.
I have only heard the term "possum" used as slang... like "ain't" or "gawrshdurnit". I didn't realize it was actually used as a word. I thought the form was "oppossum". But then I mentioned it to someone and they looked at me like I had two heads. I was told no one ever uses the term "Opossum"... that in fact THAT isn't even a word... so, yeah, that's my comment for the day...

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home