Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tidbit Blog

Don't have too much to report so I'll do my fav: bits & pieces.

My garden looks amazing. The artichoke plant I planted last year and completely ignored over the winter is HUGE! I've already harvested two chokes and they were amazing. This year I planted zucchini, red & Orange peppers, yellow squash, 5 different tomato plants, sage, basil, parsley, cilantro, lemon cukes, cukes, arugula and rosemary. That's gonna be some salad!

I have a promotional interview tomorrow in Ione which is about 30 minutes outside of Sacramento. It's a gorgeous drive; but, i'm still nervous. Interviews are stupid. What you SHOULD do is hang out with your potential ee's for a day. In my case, I'd have game day. They could see how smart AND competitive I am. Wait...nevermind.

We celebrated Quattro de Mayo at a restaurant that was close to my house. they had a 7 piece band, shots of tequila and a mechanical bull. I so wanted to ride the bull but that might not look good to the insurance company that their broken-backed client is drunkedly riding a bull. and really, i hurt myself misstepping sometimes...

I joined a company as an evaluator for restaurants and bars. My first assignment is a bar. I have to VERY careful to ensure no police are involved in my evaluation; this could be challenging. But that sounds fun becuase you're assigned an establishment, you review said place and they send you reimbursement money for your time! who doens't like to eat & drink for free? I'll let you know how my first 'job' went.

My first major purchase from a surprise funding i received from my moms estate will be a jacuzzi. Used, of course, because i am NOT a big spender unless i have lots of money which i do not. And i wasn't going to spend any money and simply invest it all but who the hell wants to do that? My luck I'll die 6 months before I retire and all that money will be left dusty.

party on, garth.

9 Comments:

Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

how are YOU going to be able to review anything...you say ick too much...

2:30 PM  
Blogger deb said...

Tanya's Bar Stars

1 star they ask me to leave by the first belch

2 stars i am not asked to leave until i begin to belch & pass gass (aka fart)

3 stars they ask me to leave after I have belched, pass gass & fallen off my barstool

4 stars they don't ask me to leave until I have belched, passed gass, fallen off my barstool and then picked a fight with it.

5 stars after all of the above they call me a cab and ask my patronage anytime! :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Sounds like a good gig- free food & drinks! Don't blow it...

4:56 AM  
Blogger deb said...

by the way i am the foodie here how did you get this gig??

6:59 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

clever comment, beyotch.

i keep my eyes peeled...it's mostly writing; not so much an expert on food, although that i am :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger deb said...

yes you are an expert and you love my cooking. and it was clever. i had a moment. :) xxoo

9:43 AM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

can you hear me laughing all the way across the USA....be sure and take Kevin with you...his 'sensitivity' will come in handy....LOL

2:39 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

dang, that is THE job for you girl!!!! and there are "lemon cukes"???? I hope to get my ground plowed up this weekend so I can get my garden in by Memorial Day....

4:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle Ann said...

My only question: when is the jacuzzi arriving????

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home